Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Put male nurses in panties!?

Re: Put male nurses in panties!?

I am not sure that I understand the problem. What I wear under my uniform is not any of your business. What if i wore a bra, would that make a difference? The thing to remember here is that we are there to provide QUALITY care. I don`t think that a patient who is having an MI or evolving CVA is going to ask what kind of underwear I have on, they are going to want treatment.

What I wear is my business.

[ QUOTE ]
    One of the nurses caring for me was an extremely competent, tall, good-looking male of about twenty five. In addition to his remarkable personal attributes, Danny's appearance in his spotless uniform was nothing less than stunning. I tried to work out just what it was about him that distinguished him from his counterparts. First of all, there was no ugly t-shirt visible at his neckline, only smooth hairless skin with a beautiful plain gold chain around his neck. Most interesting was the fact that his polyester uniform pants had no fly down the front, only a single seam. Most surprising of all was the fact that there was no visual evidence showing through his trousers of any fly front on his briefs. This left me extremely curious.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Dude........Your gay!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how a female plumber would feel about wearing mens underwear? Seriously now. . .compassion is not a feminine trait any more than assertiveness is a male trait! What makes the nurse is the mix of skill, judgement and caring. None of these are exclusive to one gender or the other. And as for the uniforms . . .have you ever picked up a uniform catalog and found anything that a male would wear? Except for unisex scrubs, there aren't any "male uniforms". So what do you expect us to wear? Maybe when the people who design uniforms realize that there are a lot of men getting into nursing, and maybe they ought to begin designing uniform clothing that men will wear. . .maybe then you'll see the T-shirts dissapear! Until then, you'll just have to live with us, because we are here to STAY!

As for the uniform catalogs, you are absolutely right... only one or two pictures of men in the whole catalog, wearing unisex scrubs. Some of the catalogs only depict their male models as doctors in lab coats.

Yeah, they need to get with the program!

the lady who wrote this is either a dumb hick or did not continue her education past the NCLEX
    it's women like you who keep your gender down if people in the past always thought the way you do you'd still be in the kitchen doing the dishes serving me my food i'll wear panties the day we reverse womens suffrage i'll dance around in panties naked for you once we take your right to vote away in case you don't know what suffrage means
    have a great life and don't get mad lil' lady one day you'll see me probably as your boss

Wow mbonney,

Tell 'em how you really feel!!!

One of the best replies yet

I have heard on a lot of things but this takes the cake. In the 18 years I have been a nurse, I have never had the need nor the desire to show my underwear.

Not that its relevant, but even being as queer as a 3 dollar bill, I have never had the desire to wear panties.

I think therapy is necessary here.

I checked and that letter is from a FETISH site. It is some type of fantasy writing and has no relevance at all.

Yeah, I know... But it sure stirred up the forum, didn't it

Surprisingly enough, there are a few people out there that have feelings similar to those expressed in the article. I have another article somewhere in the NurseServer archives, and as soon as I can find it, I'll share it with the gang. This one was also published in AJN.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast