Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Put male nurses in panties!?

Put male nurses in panties!?

I found the following article at: http://www.petticoated.com/letter1704.htm

A recent letter from a male nurse describing his experience of being forced to wear female underwear was most interesting. The girls who did this to him and his roommate were absolutely right. For some time now I have been concerned over the appearance of my male nurses. Most uniform trousers are not opaque enough to camouflage the fly fronts of men's jockey briefs. Bikini briefs look just as ridiculous because the low waistbands are frequently visible below the jacket half of the uniform. In addition, so many male nurses seem to insist on wearing ugly cotton t-shirts under their uniform tops. This strikes me as not unlike a woman who allows her slip to show. Equally-awful, as far as I'm concerned, are those ugly, bulky athletic socks that men have taken to wearing. They are never laundered completely white.

The whole subject came to a head several months ago when I went to hospital unexpectedly while visiting my parents. One of the nurses caring for me was an extremely competent, tall, good-looking male of about twenty five. In addition to his remarkable personal attributes, Danny's appearance in his spotless uniform was nothing less than stunning. I tried to work out just what it was about him that distinguished him from his counterparts. First of all, there was no ugly t-shirt visible at his neckline, only smooth hairless skin with a beautiful plain gold chain around his neck. Most interesting was the fact that his polyester uniform pants had no fly down the front, only a single seam. Most surprising of all was the fact that there was no visual evidence showing through his trousers of any fly front on his briefs. This left me extremely curious.

However, my curiosity was short-lived. A day or two later Danny had to stoop over to clean up the mess I had accidentally made by knocking over my water glass. As he bent over, his uniform top rode up high enough to reveal about two inches of satiny white nylon panties. The thought that this gorgeous male nurse might be wearing women's silk panties had never crossed my mind! Composing myself quickly I remarked softly, 'I like your taste in underwear'. When there was no reply I decided to venture a question. 'Do
    you wear panties all the time?' I asked, 'Or just when you're in uniform?' As he slowly got back on his feet, Danny, his face beet red , said, 'I have to wear them all the time. They're the only underwear I'm allowed to have. My wife, who's also a nurse, says that panties are what real nurses wear'.

When I asked him what kind of socks he wore, Danny lifted his right leg to reveal a nice pair of white knee-high stockings which were sheer enough to give ample evidence that his legs were kept cleanly shaved. 'Sometimes', Danny added, 'especially in cold weather, my wife makes me wear white tights in addition to my panties'.

At that point you could have knocked me over with a feather. Then it slowly dawned on me that here was the answer to the problem of the male nurse dress code that had been bothering me. The appearance of the uniform is being ruined because the wrong things are being worn with it, and under it. In addition to the obvious fact that women's panties and stockings greatly enhance the appearance of any male nurse's uniform, these garments provide a great psychological advantage as well. Nursing has traditionally been a female domain and, to my way of thinking, one in which we must keep the upper hand. If men wish to invade our territory, they must do so only on our terms. It occurs to me that having to wear women's underwear is a good reminder to the boys that this profession rightly belongs to women. Surely no male who experiences the constant rubbing of silky panties and stockings against his hairless body will be able to forget who's boss.

The one thing I have not yet solved is the problem of the hideous cotton t-shirt. I would be interested to know how your readers will react to my ideas, especially those in the nursing profession, both male and female. Let me make myself perfectly clear. I am boldly suggesting that we who are in positions of authority within the nursing profession take the necessary steps to design and enforce a new dress code for the males in our departments - something inoffensive, yet slightly girlish. Speak up, nurses, and let us hear your feelings!
    Ms. R.L., Hampstead

When this letter was originally published, nurses were still educated by the old apprenticeship system, and still wore proper nurses' uniform. Today, when the education of nurses has been captured by the politically correct totalitarian left, the drop out rate for nurses has never been higher. Caring for patients, helping them to relax, and giving them the reassurance that you are patiently there when needed, has a genuinely curative effect, no doubt via some pathway involving the brain and the immune system of the body. Studies have been done which have shown that nurses wearing traditional uniform (dress, starched pinafore, nurses' cap etc.) promote faster and better recovery than comparable patients overseen by the modern blue slacks-and-shirt nurses , whom elderly patients too often do not even recognise as nurses, much to the detriment of their health.

We need to restore nursing education to the system of forty years ago, restore hospital management to the Matron, and, if we are to have male nurses (and somehow they do not have the nurturing, healing effect of properly presented female nurses ) then by all means make their uniform somewhat feminine . But the really important thing today is to restore the female nurse's uniform's efficient but caring femininity; that is a matter of urgency.
    Susan

Say What!!!
    TracyR
    www.nurseserver.com
    www.nursinginamerica.com

Re: Put male nurses in panties!?

okay, I'm going to say this

I wear a white t shirt under mine because I have hair that will grab you around the neck and hold on tightly. I personally think it looks like total crap not to cover it up.

Patients don't want you leaning over them caring for them with your chest hair all in their face.

I will wear mans socks, as I alwasys do. I will also wear white boxer briefs as well.

Anyone, man or woman, who tries to get me to wear womens panties or stockings had better think more than twice about it.

Tracy, you only gave a "say what" reply to this so I don't know your thoughts, but I'll tell you I think it is beyond ridiculous.

And if a stereotype of men in nursing being homosexual existed before, just put them in stockings and panties and see what happens.

What a load of crap I say!!!!

DITTO!!!! What a load of dung!

If there were a 'Most Ridiculous' section here at the forum, this one would be the crowning jewel.

Just thought I'd stir it up a little!

yeah, we may have to create a place for this one

Jerry needs to put this in the first issue of his magazine.

See what kind of response it generates

OK, this deserves a reply. I have been a male nurse for better than 10 years. I wear a V-Neck T-shirt that can hardly be seen. And so what if it can? I wear boxer briefs in the winter and briefs in the summer. (Lets see the girls figure that one out Mike Jordon!!) I purchase my slacks at Dillards or other fine mens apparel stores because I like the professional look of slacks verses scrubs. Yes you can see that they have a fly, but that is a necessity that men require. I don't believe you have to be a female to be a caring individual. I have many letters and thank you notes from many an "old lady" or "old man" that are very grateful for the excellent professional care they received while I was their nurse. I do happen to agree that the uniforms of today have lost the professional appearance that nurses used to convey. But then again must of the sloppy dressers have attitudes that match their appearance. I am proud to be a professional, and a nurse, and my dress appearance reflects that. And I don't have to wear silk panties or shave my legs to be one. My wife like these briefs and all this hair!!!

Who ever wrote the affore mentioned letter is the prime reason that nurses are having such a hard time shaking the "Hand maiden" reputation and can't get the recognition of the true professionals that we are. And to that person I say.... Do us all a favor, RETIRE!!

I really wanted to put this graemlin at the end but I thought it was un professional. ROFLMAO Good one Shortbus!!

Since when does having or not having a fly-front have any impact on quality of care? I can't believe there are places that 'force male nurses to wear women's silk panties' :rolleyes: There's plenty of male underwear that doesn't show seams, and you don't have to shop in the ladies section of the store to find'em

I have to believe someone is pulling our leg

I don't think so man, I went to the site. I think the lady who wrote that article is just psycho.

I think you need to go bang your head on the wall and re-think this one, Tracy. I like living in a world where men are men and women are women...Vive la differance!

Judy, he was just reprinting the article. He hardly agrees with it I'm Quite Sure!

Hey Judy...Trust me, this article outraged me. Like Aaron said, I only reprinted it to show what kind of ignorance there is out there. If you look hard enough, you'll find some real crazy people out there!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast