Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to our new Nurse Educators discussion...

Re: Welcome to our new Nurse Educators discussion...

Hello. I have been a nurse educator for 20 years, and now I am in nursing regulation so I have a particularly unique view of nursing. If anyone has board of nursing, NCSBN or NCLEX questions, I can either answer them or find the right person who can.

Pastor Phil,
    I used to teach junior nursing students on an oncology unit. They were often in their early 20s (some not even 21 yet), and often the most important death in their family had been a pet. So...this unit was very difficult for some of them. The absolute best clinical conference I had was when I brought in a Catholic nun and a Rabbi to talk about death and dying. This was a tremendous discussion, and I would highly recommend this to anyone teaching clinical nursing.

Re: Welcome to our new Nurse Educators discussion.

Kalleh,

Welcome to the site and we are very glad to have you! I look forward to seeing you online in the future. Thanks for lending your unique perspective to our boards. I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated.

[ QUOTE ]
    Hello,
    I am a minister at OSU Newark in Ohio. We have a large nursing program. I would like to start a spiritual mentoring program for the students in partnership with the local hospitals. Since you aree eductor and have been around the blocck, so to say, have you any insight or resourse or ideas to share?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Pastor Phil, and welcome... I personally feel that a spiritual foundation and presence is essential in caring for sick and/or dying patients. I have a page on my site dedicated to Christian Nurses...

http://www.nurseserver.com/Christian_Nurses.php

If you know of any other sites that relate to nursing and other denominations, please let me know. I hope the above link helps.

HELLO
    I AM NOT AN EDUCATIOR, BUT I THOUGHT YOU COULD HELP ME I AM TRYING TO FIND SOME INFORMATION ON THE ROLE OF THE PROFESSIONAL NURSE VS THE TECHNICAL NURSE ACCORDING TO CURRENT NURSING PRACTICE USING THE ANA STANDARDS. I AM HAVING TROUBLE LOCATING ANY ARTICLE.
    THANK YOU.

If you are looking for a nursing site geared to the nursing student...I found freenursetutor.com. Lots of cool stuff for review....I think there is also a nursing instructor area....have fun.

Hi
    My name is Octavia and I have been a RN for 5 years. I currently work as a educator teaching nursing assistants, I also supervise at a subacute facility on the weekends.

Today I have just foung out that I have been accepted in the Master's Nursing Program, but I am undecided if I want to attend for NP or Nurse Educator. I love to teach, but I feel as if I will loose my skills if I only do Education, Does anyone have and advise for me?

Octavia ( Milwaukee, WI)

Hello,
    I am a back to school for my master's in Nursing Education. One of my classes we were to sign up to an educator listserver... So hello!

Smile Re: Welcome to our new Nurse Educators discussion...

Hello
    I just went back to school myself for a Pot Master's Certificate in Nursing Educaion. School is so different from 15 years ago!!!

Post Re: Welcome to our new Nurse Educators discussion...

Hi to all!
    I have taught LVN's at a community college in Texas and am now teaching in the AAS program. This program is an upward mobility program for LVN's to advance into RN. I am 3 classes away from receiving my MSN/ED. I look forward to learning and sharing ideas with this group!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast