Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to our new Nurse Educators discussion...

Welcome to our new Nurse Educators discussion...

Welcome to one of the newest sections of our forum. I encourage nurses of all levels to join in and share some of the knowledge that you have gained over the course of your nursing experience.

We here at the forum are dedicated to providing quality content for our subscribers and visitors...

So join the movement, visit often, and tell all your friends and colleagues.

Re: Welcome to our new Nurse Educators discussion...

hi everyone....I am a nurse educator in Iowa. I have been a nurse for 25 years. I teach gerontology. Anyone else out there?
    katie

Hello Katie...Thanks for joining the forum. I hope that you will continue to join us here, and take full advantage of what we have to offer here at the forum.

Got any good topics you'd like to talk about?

How about the nursing shortage and how it is affecting the way our nurse educators approach student recruitment?

Be sure to check out the forum FAQs, and browse around 'the house'.

See ya!

I am working on the ACE unit. Acute care elderly. I am chair of UBC and on NPC, and have precepted and taught pts. home hemo and peritoneal dialysis. That as close to nurse educator that I have ever come.Good to hear from you. Train them nurses and keep them coming. We are in dire need of good caring nurses.

Hi, I have been teaching clinicals for the last year for my hospital. I work for the hospital who offer MSNs to do clinical to help with the shortage.
    I have found a great different between the students from different school on how much they know and what they are willing to do. I worked with seniors from a large public school who were more concerned about not staying a minute over and not doing more than the basics because they don't get paid.
    Now I have a group of juniors from a small private college who are there to learn. They take on challenges and are not afraid of going the extra mile. Have other educators seen the different.
    Also I have worked with returning RNs who have been out up to 25 years. What a mixture but so much fun.

i am an rn and going to start to do private consulting in the hospitals teaaching staff how to communicate with spanish speaking patiens. do you know of any professional associations for rn 's who do this type of business? thanks so much.

The first addition to this forum I would like to offer is a saying I try to live by but rarely see practiced at any level in nursing..."When you are climbing the ladder of success, turn around and bring someone up behind you." I hope this forum will reflect this as much as the other forums are. I look forward to reading here. I just completed my BSN after 27yrs. and plan to go forward with some form of further education so I will look to this site for some mentoring help.

You're 100% correct All41, so don't forget as you climb that ladder of success, to bring someone along with you. If will all strive to do just that, we may find that not only are our careers more rewarding, but there just may be more of us practicing the greatest profession in this world!

Hi, I'm a "student facilitator" working for the local strategic health authority and need some help or guidence
    the mental health students are given an insights placement of four weeks in adult nursing- there seems to be a difficulty on understanding why they are there- both on behalf of the student and the ward staff! I have been asked to write some guidelines for both parties- have got as far as the aims and objectives of the placement but now stuck- does anyone out there have any ideas? or some guidelines ideas that i can use as a starter?

Hello,
    I am a minister at OSU Newark in Ohio. We have a large nursing program. I would like to start a spiritual mentoring program for the students in partnership with the local hospitals. Since you aree eductor and have been around the blocck, so to say, have you any insight or resourse or ideas to share?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast