Thread: LPN Relocating

LPN Relocating

I have just passed my State Boards for the LPN in IL less than a month ago. Now I have an amazing opportunity to relocate down to FL. (My DREAM Location!) My question is do I have to retake the State Boards for FL now? Or could someone point me in the right direction to a website with more information on this subject so I am able to start doing my reading on what "new" hoops I have the jump through.

Thanks!!!

Ashley

Wink Re: LPN Relocating

The boards are a one time deal unless one lets their license lapse for many years. You need to find out how to endorse your IL license to FL. Go to the FL Board website and find out the info on endorsing your IL license into FL. Or you can call the Board and speak to someone who will be able to tell you the procedure and send you the paperwork through the mail. Enjoy FL! And welcome to the site.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: LPN Relocating

Quote Originally Posted by AshKF View Post
    I have just passed my State Boards for the LPN in IL less than a month ago. Now I have an amazing opportunity to relocate down to FL. (My DREAM Location!) My question is do I have to retake the State Boards for FL now? Or could someone point me in the right direction to a website with more information on this subject so I am able to start doing my reading on what "new" hoops I have the jump through.

Thanks!!!

Ashley
    Welcome to the site! Where abouts in IL are you located?

As for Boards, once you took 'em, they are good. each of our Forums has a Sticky that has a link to that State's specific State Board, Here is Florida's link: Florida Nurses - Ultimate Nurse

As for any other information you may need...we'll find it. Hope you stop by often, as you may help someone else!

'Cat'

Congrats!!
    Check the website for Florida board of nursing, click on LPN license by endorsement ( which means you just pay for the license, no tests). Print the application, and fill it out, you will need to get finger printed and also fill out forms to send to your school and IL state board, who sends your transcripts and test results to Florida so all of yor education can be verified.( there is a fee) Start ASAP becasue it can take 4 weeks to obtain a license.also, call the board if any questions. The App has to be perfect or this will delay beyond the 4 weeks.

I live in Florida. Research! Research! Research! It's so crazy down here. Are unemployment #'s are high as hades? Read the newspaper for the city or region that you want to live in. Nurses (new and possible exp) are having issues w/finding a job. I'm not trying to discourage.. just research..