Thread: Swine flu prep

Swine flu prep

The Swine flu pandemic has been a hot topic for months now. What personal precautions do you take? Have vaccines been mandated for you and your co-workers? Have you been vaccinated? Thanks for your feedback!

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Wink Re: Swine flu prep

Quote Originally Posted by angelaw10 View Post
    The Swine flu pandemic has been a hot topic for months now. What personal precautions do you take? Have vaccines been mandated for you and your co-workers? Have you been vaccinated? Thanks for your feedback!
    Since I and my whole family officially had the swine flu last week I guess I don't have much left to prepare for. Because I work in a very high risk population and my son has chronic asthma we were advised to get vaccinated but our government could not seem to manage to get the shots out to the people. So we just got the flu instead. Our doctors didn't do anything different than they would for any flu- extra breathing treatments for my son, lots of advil and tylenol and fluids, stay home and rest.

My clients are developmentally disabled wards of the state and they couldn't even get the shot without waiting in 4 hour lines ( waiting is not something they do well due to very low frustration tolerances).

Having had this flu I fully recommend you getting the vaccine if you can it's pretty miserable. I'm still getting over it and my doctor pretty much told me to count on feeling yucky (actual medical term) for about a month.

Gonna go back to bed now

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Re: Swine flu prep

I had the swine flu injection about one month ago here in Australia. As far as I know they are still offering the vaccination to hospital staff. I honestly do not see why people would object having this vaccination. Besides the risk of infecting a patient, why would anyone want to risk passing the swine flu to their family and friends? I can't imagine the guilt and sorrow one would suffer if they passed swine flu onto their child and their child died as a result. It's not a risk that I'm willing to take as a nurse or as a parent.