Thread: Working while in Nursing School?

Working while in Nursing School?

New the this board and looking to enter a full time BSN program, and have a non related undergrad degree in Business Admin. Not a nurse yet but strive to be, and have a couple of questions.

1. when I got my 1st degree I worked fulltime and went to school nights and weekends and was able to keep income flowing in. With nursing schools and programs I am having a difficult time finding part time classes and programs. How have you changed careers and entered into a fulltime nursing program and still provided for your family?

2. does any one know if it possible to work as a tech while in school? I am a previous PHLEBOTOMIST and EMT.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Working while in Nursing School?

When I was working on my ADN I worked 12 to 16 hours every Saturday and Sunday as a nursing student (basically aid work until the last semester then more nursing) Then while working on my BSN I worked full time rotating shifts while taking 1-3 classes at a time.
    I teach nursing at an ADN program now and most students work some and some work full time jobs working weekends and days off from school.
    When I started I also had 3 small children.

It just depends on how organized you are with your school work and job and family.