Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to all who suffer...

Welcome to all who suffer...

Welcome to all who suffer from an addiction of any kind. Whether it be alcohol, drugs, gambling...you name it. We here at the forum would like to tell you that you are not alone. We are here to help you by listening to your story, and share some of our own.

We are not addiction therapists'...we are just concerned friends. We cannot cure you, but we might be able to steer you in the right direction. You may not even be the one who is addicted...it may be a friend or loved one. Either way, we're here for you.

My name is Tracy and I'm a grateful and recovering alcoholic. I am the Founder and President of the NurseServer Network.

Tell me your story...I'll just bet it isn't too different from my own. I will be posting here often, and listening to all of your stories. If you wish not to post here, that is your business. If you would like to speak with me off line, I encourage you to join our forum and then you can send me a private message that no one else will see.

"No pain is greater than the knowledge that no one cares or understands..."

God Bless you in all your affairs.

RN and an addict

Glad to come across this post. I am an RN in florida and an addict. Don't know what u want to know about me and what happened to me so i will wait to see how in depth with specifics i can me. But would like to get in on some good discussion with others going thru recovery. let me know...dalma

Re: RN and an addict

Hello dalma, so glad to see you in our forum. I hope that your recovery is going well. It feels so good to be in out of the rain, doesn't it?

My own personal story includes dozens of failed attempts at sobriety, over a span of some 15 years or more. It's a wonder I'm still alive...and sane! I have now been clean and sober for 3 years, 5 months and a few days. AA helped to get me there.

I put my family through a lot of heartache. Even now, my wife of some 18 years holds a great deal of resentment towards me, and this, along with some other built up anger, has caused a recent seperation. We are back together, and in counsilling, but the tension remains, and the guilt is sometimes overwhelming.

Through it all, I had some amazing support from other nurses with whom I work, my wonderful children whos' ages are 23, 17, and 14, and also my involvement in the NurseServer Network, www.nurseserver.com , of which I own.

If you have some words of wisdom to share, or know of others who could use some comfort, I encourage you to come back to this forum often...If you use the 'steps' in your recovery process, then we can talk about that.

Thanks for posting...Thanks for listening...God bless you in your recovery.

TracyR
    www.nurseserver.com

Another chapter begins for me now, as a divorce indeed looms over the horizon.

I still have the support of all my friends, my children, my big book, and all of you here at the forum... and I will do just fine.

I have been told that I am a different person now that I am sober... Well, of course I am!

Anyone in the forum heard the same thing? Please share your story.

My wife tells me I'm a different person when drunk, but I never remember...

Tracy,

You're the man! You know we're all here for you buddy! It's a long road ahead but hey man, you've got a Pike Pass! No need to slow down and look back, just keep on movin.

I am truly in the company of giants.... Thanks.

the honesty is incredible in a type of forum on and about things no one really wants to admit. I admire anyone when they admit they have an addiction. I, myself, and hooked on cigarettes .... I have no troubling addiction as yours, but I admire your courage and your step outward to help others. I will pray that your site, as well as this specific forum will do the good that is obviously intended from your heart.

God Bless you and all of us.

Its so nice to see people speaking openly about their addictions and short commings. I ahve had a subtance problem for a number of years. Nursing has always been my first love and career choice. I manage to stay clean for periods of time even while nursing, After about 2 weeks or so I start to crave the drugs. As long as they are not around me Im fine. I have over a year clean now but I need to make a living. My problem is that I cant find a position that will allow mr to continue my choosen career and not put myself at risk for relapse. Im an LPN in MD....HELP

I surrendered my license Feb '02 for drug addition related incidences. I have been battling addiction since '99. I have gone through my states peer assistance program and relapsed 2 weeks before completing. I have been clean since Feb '02 (with the exception of meds for kidney stones). I have gone to AA and NA meetings off and on but have not had a long continuous attendance of meetings. I miss my nursing career. Nursing has been my childhood dream. My disease has taught me alot about myself. I always considered myself a loving and giving person. But in reality I have found out just how selfish I am. I have worked through alot in the last few years. If it had not been for this disease I do not think I would be the person I am today. Do not get me wrong. I hate this disease. But, I believe it has been a part of my journey through life. I have accepted it and am dealing with it. I would like to know if there is anyone out there that has surrendered a license and the steps to petition for relicensure?

Della, God bless you for your honesty.

Yes, this disease IS apart of our journey. I now have nearly 4 years sober, and have come full circle to where I truly belong in life.

I am now very much in charge of my life, and my destiny, as are you. Even though I am going through a divorce right now after 18 wonderful years with an even more wonderful woman, I can say that I am please with my life so far and wouldn't change a thing.

I know that in my heart, I will never drink again, and that I have something to offer to mankind, as do you, no matter how small it is.

Keep your chin up, and if I can find out about re-licensure, I'll let you know.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast