Thread: Venting about school

Venting about school

Ok...I know this is not a nice thing to do but I so need to vent & I really can't do it at school.
    We have a few women in our class who MONOPOLIZE the total class time. They've got a story for every little thing our instructor tells us. And YES, they share every one. Usually it's not a big deal but today we had a HUGE lecture & these 2 would not stop. We were going over vital signs and this woman, who I'm going to guess is in her late 40's just kept on talking about how she had no pulse. Stopped the instructor several times & said she had no radial pulse. The instructor was calm & actually went over & said Yes, you do have a pulse (I mean, I could have told her that from my seat). I just can't believe how incredibly child-like some of these people are. They must feel the class is solely for their own purposes & the rest of us are just observers. OH am I ticked. Ok, I sound nasty..but it was a 44 page outline for the lecture. I wanted to learn what I need to learn & get done for the day.
    Whew...I feel better and I didn't have to tell this person what a windbag she is. Hey...maybe she is a member here & will read this & get a clue.

Re: Venting about school

Julie,

I know exactly what you mean. It used to drive me crazy. Although, I cannot say I have never done that or I would be a hypocrit, but there is a time and a place for it, and it's not on other people's class time.

Maybe you should just say something to the instructor and they could say something subtle to the class or something.

That kind of thing used to especially make me mad when we were needing to get out of class but had to finish up first.

Thanks. I'm all better now after a good nights sleep. If it continues, I will talk to one of the instructors. It really does only bother me when we've got so much to do & very little time. I was so angry about it last night & just needed to vent. Today is another day though.
    Thanks for letting me vent!

Nursing school is wonderful! I realize I will get out of it as much effort as I put into it. Want to work in gerontology unless something else interesting comes my way, as they say students often don't pursue what they were originally interested in. Wish I'd chosen nursing years ago--but I might not have appreciated it as much then. The scariest part is that there is so much to learn. No that's the second fear; the first, to a student, is making a mistake.