Thread: Living away from home and family

Living away from home and family

How many people out there took it upon themselves to move away from there family and are out there doing your own thing, and trying to make a go of things? I for one, moved away from home and my family 10 years ago. It is nice to be away and get that warm feeling when you go back to visit, but at times it is sad to know that they are all still getting together on weekends like they did growing up. When all of them live in the same city, and you are the only one to move away, you get mixed feelings. It is good to stand on your own two feet, but you miss out on a number of things as well.

I am very happy with my decision, I'm curious as to if anyone knows the feeling and whether you are happy with your choice or if you ever regret it.

Re: Living away from home and family

Hi there! I was away from my family for 4 years while in school and it was terrible. I got to visit them but it was never enough. Even though I've made friends and I had an active social life, I missed my family a whole lot. We are very close and they have always been supportive. I moved back home after finishing school even though I had many job opportunities where I was. I am much happier now and unless I was forced to move away I would not do it again. I understand what you are going through...I would try and keep in touch with them as much as possible...now days you can just buy a $30 computer cam. and use it when you chat on Instant Messenger...that helps make it more bearable when you feel you're dying to see and talk to them. All the best to you!