Thread: Advice needed

Smile Advice needed

Hi - I am about to start applying to travel companies. Currently, I am staff nurse in CT (medical unit -5 yrs.) I have narrowed the search down to three companies (RN Network, Med Staffing Solutions and NurseChoice). Does anyone have feedback on these 3? Are there other companies you may recommend? Most importantly, what questions should I be asking so I don't look like a first-timer/pushover!

Thanks for any advice you all may have. I am looking to travel in North Carolina.

Re: Advice needed

I'm currently traveling with Trinity Healthcare Staffing Group out of Florence, SC. I would recommend them for travel to North Carolina. They have alot of stuff in the Carolina's! Can't say that I would recommend any of those other companies that you mentioned.

Check Out Travel Nursing Times for a great list of questions to ask... http://www.geocities.com/hobonurse/

Ive done business with a pretty cool company out of California and have received some East Coast assignments from them.

Might not hurt to give them a call at least.

The guy I used was also named Ed...he was pretty helpful.

The name of the company is United Nursing Interational
    www.unihcr.com 1-877-256-7497

Cool Re: Advice needed

Quote Originally Posted by Mere1 View Post
    Hi - I am about to start applying to travel companies. Currently, I am staff nurse in CT (medical unit -5 yrs.) I have narrowed the search down to three companies (RN Network, Med Staffing Solutions and NurseChoice). Does anyone have feedback on these 3? Are there other companies you may recommend? Most importantly, what questions should I be asking so I don't look like a first-timer/pushover!

Thanks for any advice you all may have. I am looking to travel in North Carolina.
    RN Network and Nurses Choice have done well in customer service- the main ingredient is a good recruiter. If you like one more than another work with them. Email me and I will send you more information about being a first timer!

I'm with RNNETWORK, they have lots of positions. Housing has been real good. missed one paycheck, but that was taken care of quickly and now the company has a payroll assistant assiged to the traveler.. Benefits are good.
    Ask every question under the sun, never mind feeling like a pushover, WHO CARES... you need to know what ever is on your mind.
    I did an assignment in New Haven CT.
    Where do you want to go???
    Don't know about the other companies....... But you can always switch after your 1st assignment if you don;t like the company...