Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Share your favorite recipes!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Share your favorite recipes!

What the heck! Iffen you have any decent recipes to share, why not post 'em here? They may make another nurses evening!

Don't be afraid....I'd enjoy trying a few different dishes.

Re: Share your favorite recipes!

Anything in a crockpot! That works well over here. I especially like doing chicken. Sometimes I make Biquick Pot Pies, if I have time. I'll try looking for the recipe soon.

Cool Re: Share your favorite recipes!

I like the Teriyaki steak bowl at Jack in the Box and the pollo bowl at El Pollo Loco.

Ricu

Hmm, Lemme think on this one. I have a number of good recipes- try this chicken one out-

Skinless and boneless chicken breast or tenders cut into bite sized pieces- amt. doesn't matter

Hellmann's Mayo- not light, fat free, or Miracle whip, guys- sorry, and Grey Poupon Country Style Stone Ground mustard.

If you like them, add sliced mushrooms too.

Mix these two in a ratio of 1/3 mayo to 2/3 mustard and stir the uncooked chicken into it. Could be 50/50 if you prefer. Have enough sauce to cover well, place into a covered baking dish. Bake at 350 until bubbling- about 40 minutes.

While the chicken is baking, using package directions, prepare enough rice say, 1/2 c. per person. When it's done, serve the chicken over it and spoon sauce over top. I like brown or long grain and wild rice but white will be okay.

Serve with any vegetable and if you want, a nice Chardonnay

I have more to post later.

R

Member Extraordinaire

My husband loves these- they take an hour to cook, but are super easy to prepare:

Rice Meatballs

1 lb ground beef (I use ground round), thawed
    1/2 cup uncooked brown or white rice
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
    2 cans tomato soup

1. First, pour both cans of soup into a large sauce pan. Add 1/2 can of water, and stir.

2. In a mixing bowl, combine thawed beef, rice, pepper, & onion flakes. Mix thoroughly with hands, then roll into golf-ball sized balls. Drop into soup mixture, and cover saucepan.

3. Simmer for 50-60 minutes.

These are not spaghetti-type meatballs! I usually serve them with a side of mashed potatoes and a veggie.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Ricu

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaWIRN View Post
    My husband loves these- they take an hour to cook, but are super easy to prepare:

Rice Meatballs

1 lb ground beef (I use ground round), thawed
    1/2 cup uncooked brown or white rice
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
    2 cans tomato soup

1. First, pour both cans of soup into a large sauce pan. Add 1/2 can of water, and stir.

2. In a mixing bowl, combine thawed beef, rice, pepper, & onion flakes. Mix thoroughly with hands, then roll into golf-ball sized balls. Drop into soup mixture, and cover saucepan.

3. Simmer for 50-60 minutes.

These are not spaghetti-type meatballs! I usually serve them with a side of mashed potatoes and a veggie.

These sound really good. I think I've seen a similar recipe called porcupine meatballs because the rice pokes out.

R

Here's the Impossibly Easy Bacon Pie; I should make it soon! I've used cheddar cheese, also.

12 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz)
    1/3 cup chopped onion 3/4 cup Original Bisquick® mix
    1 1/2 cups milk 3 eggs 1/8 teaspoon pepper

• Heat oven to 400°F. Grease 9-inch glass pie plate. Sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion into pie plate.
    • In medium bowl, beat remaining ingredients until blended; pour into pie plate.
    • Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    This is a variation of the recipe my father in law would make. I tend to use Cream of Chicken with Mushroom soup instead of the broth, and only a third of a container of sour cram.

Chicken Paprika
    INGREDIENTS
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
    1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 1/2 tablespoons butter
    2 tablespoons paprika
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    2 cups chicken stock
    1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
    1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
    DIRECTIONS
    You can leave breasts whole or cut them up, whatever your preference. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and pan-fry until cooked through and juices run clear, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Using the same skillet, cook onion in butter until translucent but not brown, about 5 to 8 minutes. Season with paprika and salt. Pour chicken stock into the pan, and bring all to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer; mix flour with sour cream until smooth, then whisk into chicken stock. Place chicken in skillet; simmer until chicken is heated through and sauce has thickened.

Here's the recipe for Breakfast bars:

1 c. raisins/dried fruit/nuts/choc. chips etc. Can add extra.
    2 c. quick oats
    2 c. puffed rice cereal
    1/2 c. evaporated milk

In a sauce pan, melt 1 stick margarine and add 1/2 c. corn syrup. Heat to a slow simmer. Mix with dry ingredients, and put into a greased 13 x 9 pan. (I use spray, but....) Cook for 25 min. at 350. Remove from oven, and loosen around edges. Cut into bars while still warm.

I tend to put the mix in loose at first, then press into pan after about 10 minutes. Otherwise we have problems when we try to get the stuff out.

I have no recipes. I cook as the feeling moves me. It is always delicious, my wife always loves it though she sometimes get nervous about it. Because she never knows what I am doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast