Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need to interview a nurse!

I need to interview a nurse!

Hello I have a school project to do. My name is Rachel and I'm a senior I would really appreciate it if someone could answer these questions for me and have some fun with them! Thanks bunches!

Interview Questions
    1. How hard is it to separate your nursing life from your personal life? Do you get attached to your patients?
    2. How stressed does nursing make you feel? How do you deal with your stress?
    3. If you could choose a career all over again would you choose nursing again or go a different path?
    4. At the end of the day do you feel like you’ve positively changed people’s lives?
    5. How much responsibility lies on your shoulders? Is there not enough time in the day to get what you need to get done?
    6. What is your favorite part about nursing? Do you look forward to anything about your job as a nurse?
    7. I’m someone who doesn’t really like science. Do you think I should still go into nursing? Or is there a type of nurse that doesn’t deal with a lot of science?
    8. Nurses mostly have 3-4 days of 12 hour shifts then the rest of the days off. Are 12 hour shifts really tiring? Do you like your schedule?
    9. What is the nastiest thing you’ve ever had to do on the job?
    10. Overall would you say your job makes you happy or depressed? Tired or energized? Busy or time for life?

Angry Re: I need to interview a nurse!

I'm too disgusted to take the time to answer this properly. I'm unemployed again and wondering how I will pay my rent at the end of the month. Do you really think that I think nursing is so great? Working as a Walmart greeter most likely has more stability and more satisfaction.

Re: I need to interview a nurse!

HELP I need to find someone to answer these questions by the end of this weekend! I'm so far behind. Will someone please!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: I need to interview a nurse!

[QUOTE=RachelJ;105472]Hello I have a school project to do. My name is Rachel and I'm a senior I would really appreciate it if someone could answer these questions for me and have some fun with them! Thanks bunches!

Interview Questions

1. How hard is it to separate your nursing life from your personal life? Do you get attached to your patients? Husband often asks me 'Is it Cat the Nurse, or Cat my wife?' Ya can't take the nurse outta me....been one too long.
    2. How stressed does nursing make you feel? How do you deal with your stress? It can be stressful at times. I try to take time out, do things I like....read, do crafts.
    3. If you could choose a career all over again would you choose nursing again or go a different path? Stay a nurse, or work in a craft shop!
    4. At the end of the day do you feel like you’ve positively changed people’s lives? I hope I do!
    5. How much responsibility lies on your shoulders? Is there not enough time in the day to get what you need to get done? Yeah, lots of responsibility, and there are times when there is NOT enough time to do things. Others do 'drop the ball'. This past week or two has proved it.
    6. What is your favorite part about nursing? Do you look forward to anything about your job as a nurse? The patients
    7. I’m someone who doesn’t really like science. Do you think I should still go into nursing? Or is there a type of nurse that doesn’t deal with a lot of science? Science does play a big part in nursing....sorry!
    8. Nurses mostly have 3-4 days of 12 hour shifts then the rest of the days off. Are 12 hour shifts really tiring? Do you like your schedule? I used to do 3 12's, and a 4, but that has all changed the past few months. The schedule could be better, but it isn't up to me. It comes from Corporate.
    9. What is the nastiest thing you’ve ever had to do on the job? Don't ask! Well, one was doing CPR on someone who was NOT doing good.
    10. Overall would you say your job makes you happy or depressed? Tired or energized? Busy or time for life? It all depends. Any job can make you happy or depressed. Luckily, with nursing, there are so many different areas to explore.....

:yeahthat:

i also need to interview a nurse and a former nursing student (yeah, are they not one in the same? lol) for school. Can someone please help me?

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Shoot your Questions at me?

1. What is the most difficult part of your job?

2. What is a "normal" day like?

3. Why did you decide to become a nurse?

4. What has been the worst experience of your career?

5 What has been the most rewarding experience of your career?

( school)

1. What was the most difficult part about school?

2. What did you have to change about your routine to get through school?

3. Did you have a lot of support through school?

4. How difficult was the nclex?

5. How did school affect your home life?

Hey thank you for helping!!! i really appreciate it!!!!!!

please someone help me by answering those ?s! i really need to get my homework finished and don't know anyone around this town to ask

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Let me start by saying that I am an administrative nurse for a company the runs groups homes for DD adults.

1. Dealing with caregivers who are either unwilling or unable to speak enough English to understand or follow orders. Also not being able to communicate with me or the Physician what's wrong.

2. Typical Day is spent doing lots of paperwork - I drive about 200 miles a day doing rounds on my consumers ( we don't call them patients) . Coordinating appoinments dealing with insurance issues etc...

3. I became a nurse because I wanted to do something bigger than myself.

4. Worst day having a baby die in my arms and the mother dieing a few minutes later.

5. Best day Saving a baby from certain death by catching a breach with a chord entaglement in time to stop labor and get a C-section arranged.

School ( Oh so long ago)

1. Actual school wasn't so hard but the demands of being a nursing student and a mother of an infant were quite tiring.

2. I did not work outside my home while I was in school, but my MIL died of brain cancer when I was in school and we cared for her at home which was a big issue with regards to sleep and time.

3. My husband supported the family while I was in school.

4. For me the NCLEX was not very difficult at all - I reviewed over 5000 questions before taking it. I had pneumonia the day I took it and passed the first time at 75 questions.

Hope this helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast