Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are good CNA jobs that hard to find???

Re: Are good CNA jobs that hard to find???

Whiskeytown, I can't speak for Oklahoma City but here in Jacksonville Florida I know someone who recently passed her CNA exam and has not been able to find a job with a hospital. Nursing homes have offered her a job but no hospitals. Maybe they want more experience and not just a certification. Don't know.

same thing here in Houston, you need one years experience, if any other CNA's are coming up with this problem seek out home health, not as hectic and depressing for the same amount of pay.

I am wondering where you are with your nursing?

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeytown View Post
    I am a 27 year old male trying to get into RN school. To try to get an extra point, I went to the local vo-tech and got my CNA liscense.

I have a few months till the spring semester starts(knock on wood I get in) so I though I would go ahead and get a CNA job at one of the local hospitals(Oklahoma City) to get some experience, start my benefits(Insurance, etc.), and make some extra cash.

Well, it's been two weeks, I have applied to all the major local hospitals, AND NOBODY WILL EVEN CALL ME BACK!!!!!

I don't understand this at all. I'm a student trying to work my way up, all I want is a job. I am definetely the type of person that would stick with the company that gave me my first job.

But heck, I can't even talk to a live person. Are these hospitals looking for experience? I mean, how much experience do you need to be a CNA. We all have to start somewhere.

Comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hey i think you will have to have at least 6months to a year of experiance. I know its confusing but you will have to probably go to a nursing home or go to home health aid. I am 18 and I'm going to take my boards exam on Wednesday and i already work in a nursing home as a housekeeper but also i am nursing intent.. hope my info helps!!!:rolleyes:

I havn't been working as a CNA for long but I've found that nursing homes hire more than anywhere else and you get paid more there too. There could be a big difference between where you are and where I am too though.

Facebook User

I've been trying for a year to get a job as a CNA, medical assistant, or Pharmacy tech since I have training in all three. MY problem is I have little to no work experience. Most places want work experience before they hire you, but how can a person get work experience if no one will hire you?

Hey there im in bronx new york trying to find a CNA Job can someone help me?

CNA jobs a very easy to find and are secure jobs but, good ones on the other hand are almost non existent. Go to nursing homes. They stink but they are their. The people you take care of warm your heart but the job itself sucks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123