Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New title for male nurses?

Re: New title for male nurses?

Its funny the other night i told my father inlaw that i wanted to be a nurse and he busted out laughing and stared choking on his beer, i had to continuously slap his back so he wouldn't choke. Then after he stopped choking he said serves him right go do your thing.

Ricu

I'd like to see another title other than "Nurse" but doubt that breaking with tradition would be generally accepted. Glad your father-in-law came around.

R

Talking Re: New title for male nurses?

Maybe we all get a shoulder path for our scrubs to the effect:
    image of a buff male in srcubs, sleeves rolled up, stethoscope around the neck with "Male Nurse emblazoned across the image and surrounded by the legend "Trained to save your ass, not to kiss it ..."

-- Jim

What about 'Male Health Care Professional'

hi, new nursing student here. well, i actually strat in August, so am almost a new student nurse. my past career was as a flight attendant for a major US airline. this was back in the early 80's so you can imagine there were very few guys flying back then. (yes i do see a pattern of going into usually considered female proffesions) anyway, back then i would often get the question, usually by female passengers, "what do we call you..." without blinking i would just say, "well, they usually just call me handsome." humor is a great equalizer i find. mark

Ricu

Quote Originally Posted by marklw View Post
    hi, new nursing student here. well, i actually strat in August, so am almost a new student nurse. my past career was as a flight attendant for a major US airline. this was back in the early 80's so you can imagine there were very few guys flying back then. (yes i do see a pattern of going into usually considered female proffesions) anyway, back then i would often get the question, usually by female passengers, "what do we call you..." without blinking i would just say, "well, they usually just call me handsome." humor is a great equalizer i find. mark
    Hi Mark,

Welcome to the profession and thank you for starting with humor. This profession will call on that skill greatly so strive to keep it up. Please stay in touch with us and good luck.

R

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Methinks we have another wiseacre on board...... Welcome to the site!

Quote Originally Posted by blackryn0 View Post
    Its funny the other night i told my father inlaw that i wanted to be a nurse and he busted out laughing and stared choking on his beer, i had to continuously slap his back so he wouldn't choke. Then after he stopped choking he said serves him right go do your thing.
    I'd be happy to share with him all I saw & did while deployed to Iraq for 15 months as an Army nurse.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Quote Originally Posted by jimemt View Post
    Maybe we all get a shoulder path for our scrubs to the effect:
    image of a buff male in srcubs, sleeves rolled up, stethoscope around the neck with "Male Nurse emblazoned across the image and surrounded by the legend "Trained to save your ass, not to kiss it ..."

-- Jim
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456