Thread: Hi! New here.....

Facebook User

Hi! New here.....

I am now in a recovery program through the county i live in. I am awaiting a consent agreement from the Ohio BON to tell me how long my license will be suspended. I haven't worked as a nurse in 6 months and who knows when I will be able to again. I plan on using the time to recover to the best of my ability but the stress of no money and being in an abusive relationship with no way out (because of no money) is a little overbearing. I haven't had the urge to relapse however because i believe i have learned my lesson.

Re: Hi! New here.....

hi. also new. Are u working yet, looking for a job? I have been in recovery 9 mo. I was out of work for a while but working now. Was really scarey @ first , going to interveiws. Finally figured out how to network with other nurses I had worked with in past. Got a job I love, in the area I specialize in. Have an awesome director! Still sometimes hard not to have regrets from the past, the "What if's...." But does get better, accepting it for what it is. Not @ the point where I wouldn't change it if I could, but that's why I 'm working this program. Happy to have second for sure Different state. Same / similar story probably. hope to hear from u. - Tweetybird-

How are you doing? Have you been reinstated. I lost my license for three years, was reinstated in 2006 and have been back in my practice since. Where in Ohio are you?

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Please don't stay in an abusive relationship - this will in no way help your recovery - Called a domestic abuse hotline and see if you can get so assistance getting a place.

As for a job as soon as you are approved to go back to work check out psych hospitals - they are generally more forgiving of a nurses past.

Peace and Namaste

Hppy