Thread: Long Term Care - Oklahoma Nurses

Long Term Care - Oklahoma Nurses

First congradulations on passing the boards.. now the real tests come..

Just viewing your site for the first time, seems to have some interesting stuff on it. Was a little disappointed as I have not found information on Long Term Care "OK Nursing Homes in Oklahoma." There are many of these in Oklahoma and it is another field of Nursing that many nurses are employed in. It at times is one of the most reqarding jobs you can be in and at others the most frustrating. I am sure that there are many others out there who would like to talk ideas, problems, solutions and just chat about the problems we deal with every day from staff, residents, families, physicians and living every day with the every changing rules and regulations and generalized survey fright.

I'm presently employed as a Director of Nursing at a small Private owned home, having never been in this position before and learning more and more every day.

Hope to hear from others interested in this field, and contrary to some belief it is not a field where "old burned out hospital nurses go, it is a field where caring, nurses go to help meet the needs of our elderly.. you know one day we all will be elderly and need others.

Always do the best job you can, you may go home tired and frustrated, but you can go home and know you did your very best.

Thanks

Re: Long Term Care - Oklahoma Nurses

Glad to have you aboard and thanks for the congrats.

I don't know if I could work in long term care. My mom was the director at a couple of different nursing homes for several years and she always came home crying. She'd get close to the residents and then they'd pass and she would always be upset about it. It would just be too depressing for me, at least, being as young as I am right now. Being an LPN though, it is a pretty viable option for me, as you can't exactly specialize as an LPN.

You have a great point about LTC though, I should create a forum for it and will do so this evening.

Again, thanks for signing up and I look forward to seeing you online.

Well what do you long term care nurses feel about the new "Paid Feeding Assistant" approval that just came down from the government - Medicare today?

I think it will definitely help my facility at lunch, since so many of my residents are high acuity...But, I wonder how long it will take for the State of Oklahoma to get the training in place?

And of course the rules for this position are pretty stringent.

Take care and have a happy day

I think it is great, but I agree, who knows how long it will take OK to get it together.
    Terry