Thread: The demand for CLNC in WV

Question The demand for CLNC in WV

I am interested in becoming a CLNC, I have looked at the Milazzo info. but I do not know what the demand for a CLNC is in WV. Is there any way I can find out? I would hate to sink thousands of dollars into a certification that would be of no use to me. Any replies would be greatly appreciated. I have also posted a message in the WV Nurses Forum.

Thanks, Mick,RN, Pcu

Re: The demand for CLNC in WV

Mick,
    I am embarrassed to admit I was sucked into that whole CLNC trap. If you look closely at the advertisements, the amount of $ you can Make as a CLNC is coming down. The only ones who make $ are the good ol' gals who teach it.Don't waste your $. Instead, invest it in a 401k. And watch Judge Judy, she will teach you the same stuff for free.......
    I agree with the other post, which equates the scam to AMWAY....

Re: The demand for CLNC in WV

Hi Mick,

Much like yourself I have been intrigued with what the LNC was all about.

And I have to agree only to a certain extent with squeaky. I do not believe all folks out there are scamming to get rich off of folks wanting to better themselves ~ someone has to provide a service for those who may feel more comfortable with some type of "formal" exposure to this area. If this was a scam ~ I doubt you would be finding this subspecialty being offered in some Nursing schools across the nation. Locate and read some information about LNC's in the non for profit companies, such as the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants. So in that regard, I believe those programs out there are just capitalizing on a market opportunity and by no means devalue the importance this service that nurses can provide.

Just do your research on what program and the costs. I have found programs ranging anywhere from a couple of hundred to close to $8000. Needless to say ~ guess where I started? I decided to go with an old online program I had used before to get some of my nursing CEU's (please email privately if you want the link to learn more).

Futhermore, you will discover you do not need certification to review charts, test a case's merit, provide medical research, etc.... AND MOST states don not even have a Board to certify LNC's. So in that regard, all the CLNC and the LLNC and XYZ do, at first blush, appear to be self promoting importance into a program. But the flip side is this ~ if they don't start somewhere how will they get anywhere. It is probably time for a nationwide registration and certification for LNC's.

Regards,

Apples