Thread: Help

Help

by dchurch68

nursing school but I don't make the rules. There are 196 people applying for 40 spots, which is pretty good compared to the ratio that other schools have that I have been reading about on this site.

My question is: I was one of the first groups to take the test and my program percentile's are good but aren't those static numbers. Won't they change with the more people that take the test in the program?

Wink Re: Help

Each school has their own method to choose students. All that prospective students can do is to submit their application and hope for the best. Apply to all the programs in your area and hopefully you will be accepted to at least one of them. One acceptance is all it takes. Good luck.

Ricu

Re: Help

Hey D,

Welcome to the world of "...but I thought there was a nursing shortage so why can't I get into school to become one?" Sadly there is a finite number of seats in all nursing programs but for a number of reasons, that number isn't growing so there are waiting lists and as Cali pointed out, strict elimination processes. Your grades are pretty good so try to not get yourself down about that.

The only advice I can give is to try to be patient. If you can, apply to as many programs as possible to increase your chances of getting into class sooner. If you are limited to a single school, sit on the waiting list and get the pre and corequisite courses out of the way.

Either way, good luck and stay in touch with us.

R

Uh... Okay, thanks. Do you think you could answer my question?

Question Re: Help

Ask the test administrators. Or the people who are using the results to make their decision. We can't answer this and frankly it most likely has no bearing on the outcome.

Ricu

Quote Originally Posted by loss of feeling View Post
    Uh... Okay, thanks. Do you think you could answer my question?
    Sorry Dude, I guess your question didn't register when I first read your message.

Unless there is rolling admission into the program to which you applied, those statistics likely pertain just to the applicants for the current enrollment year. As someone else suggested, check with the admissions office and ask questions. Maybe your grade indicies are used to rank you on the waiting list.

R