just a note: i posted this in the male forum... but there is nothing "male specific" about these questions... so reposted it here...

Hi, my name is Michael, I am 22 years old, and I live in ontario, canada. I am debating the profession of nursing as a stepping-stone towards an M.D., and am planning to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc.N.). with a callaboration between conestoga college and mcmaster university.

I have a few questions, and any information that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated (especially anyone who has attended the conestoga college program in collaboration with mcmaster university)... well here goes...

1. once you've achieved your B.Sc.N. exactly what type of nurse are you cosidered? (RN, RPN, NP?)

2. what is the procedure for applying into a M.D. (doctor) program once you have completed your B.Sc.N.? (for example, would i have to take any additional courses prior to being accepted into the program?)

3. for anyone who has done an R.N. to M.D. upgrade, how difficult was it to achieve, and did you find any hinderences (spelling?) in acheiving your goal?

4. and finally... what is the average expected starting salary for someone with a B.Sc.N. in ontario, canada? I know there are like 8 grades, but what should i expect to earn salary wise right out of university (college) and then any ideas on pay increases over the first 3-5 years?

Thank you in advance, i know some of these questions might seem tedious, or maybe even irrelavent to some, but any information or guidance that you can offer would be greatly appreciated,

Michael