Thread: I'm new.. and looking for information.

Smile I'm new.. and looking for information.

Hello everyone,

My name is Melissa and I'm currently a Canadian resident. I have a high school education, and I have been out of the Educational system since 1993. I am looking to study Nursing in the USA particularly California, and I was curious if there are any other people who like me, and attending post-secondary studies abraod. Until now, I have not had a financal opportunity to continue on to attain a further education.

Would anyone know of any schools in the Simi Valley, CA and/or Surrounding area, that accepts international students, who may not necessarily meet all the prerequisites to attend, but are eager to upgrade their education and continue on to attain a Nursing degree.

I'm not even really sure what to ask, except I need help in finding a school that will accept me, is accredited and can/will be accepted by the Canadian Government for Student Loans.

Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience, if you are able to assist, or if you are able to point me in the right direction.

canadian_me (at) hotmail (dot) com

Thank you,
    Melissa

Re: I'm new.. and looking for information.

Have you tried universities like for example Csun I can understand that financially school can be very expensive and the tuition ca be very expensive is about 2odlrs per unit at a community college and I'm sure the universities cost more making you can google universities and get their phone number I wish you good luck. Hope to hear from you soon!

Wink Re: I'm new.. and looking for information.

:60: Welcome to the site. I don't know about getting Canadian financial aid. I would research the schools and speak with their nursing advisors as well as financial aid advisors. It costs $26 per unit for residents of the state at community colleges. You have to establish residency by living here for more than one year. They accept anyone over the age of 18, whether or not you are a high school graduate. Entrance criteria for the state universities is more strict and they cost more. Look on the website for Moorpark College and Santa Barbara City College. Both are close to Simi Valley.