Thread: need some advice

need some advice

i have been a nurse for 7yrs now in various areas-med/surg/pacu/icu. i recently married again and i would really like to start traveling again. i only traveled briefly to ca, and some local traveling. i really loved it!. my question are there any nurses out there that travel with your spouses and what do they do to occupy their time while you are working. my husband owns his own business so we are thinking about taking a year off to travel , maybe the economy will recover by then and his business will pick up. he is a busy body and i know he will get bored while i work. any advice is welcomed!. thanks

Member Extraordinaire

Re: need some advice

My husband finished his degree online while we traveled.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

Re: need some advice

My husband and I have been traveling for almost a year now. He is retired from the military and so has his own income. We have been married a little over a year. I work, he takes care of me. He does the laundry, cooking, cleaning, irons my uniforms, shines my shoes, pays the bills, does errands while I'm sleeping, etc. Often he stays up at night while I'm working and sleeps with me during the day. When I am making arrangement for my next assignment, he is looking for housing and making those arrangement. This has worked out well for both of us and it's like we've been on an extended honeymoon. Good luck! I hope things work out as well for you and your husband as they have for us.