Thread: Looking for advice on which path I should take..

Looking for advice on which path I should take..

I am now attending a 4-year university and working towards my bachelors degree in biology. I just transferred, so this is my first year. I've recently found myself very fickle between whether I should stick it out and get my bachelors and go to pharmacy school or whether I should apply to an RN program. The frustrating part is that I can't apply to the nursing program at the university I'm already at because it is impacted and also because I transferred into a different major. Some people have told me to stick it out and get my bachelors degree then at that point I can decide if I want to go to nursing school or pharmacy school. Other people say to just drop where I'm at now and try for the nursing program at my local community college. My main concern is I really don't want to waste too much time; especially since I've found myself really wanting to do nursing. I really could use some advice from people who know the field. Thank you!

Wink Re: Looking for advice on which path I should take..

If you really want to do nursing and you are sure of it, then you could drop and start the two year nursing program, once you are accepted there. Once you are working as an RN, you can do an RN to BSN program. No sense in wasting time and money where you are now, if you really want to work as a nurse. Then, on the other hand, if you are not accepted at the two year program at this point, continue and complete your degree, then reevaluate your options at that point. Oh, and welcome to the site! :60:

Re: Looking for advice on which path I should take..

Yeah! I totally agree with what cali510 said. And I believe you won't lose anything by choosing either of cali510's suggestion. As for me, I was a Biology student before then I shift to take a BSN program. I'm so happy I didn't have any difficulties during the transition and everything was really quite familiar.
    Jane Phillis
    HTML Code:
    http://www.satisfieddegree.com