Thread: Monday, January 25th, 2010

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Monday, January 25th, 2010

Yeah, it's Monday. I did NOT want to get up---didn't sleep that well--but here I am. May take a nap later, depending on mood. Until later.....

Re: Monday, January 25th, 2010

Ah, folks? It's after 1 pm. Where are you guys hiding?

just getting up after working weekend nocs.. Not much going on. but that's fine by me. I see crazy weather going on for mid west northeast, etc. I've got the Florida sunshine.
    How's the arm doing?? Cougar.
    Wonder where Smiles is,hopefully getting better...

I can dangle arm below elbow, but limited movement sideways. Go see ortho. next week for more xrays, etc.

No idea on Smiles. Thought I saw on site earlier, but.....not sure.

Smiles is in sharp ear pain. I've been to dr. I'm off the loritab and carafate. i'm on perocet. This referred pain mess is for the birds. I am walking around 70 degree weather with ear wrap on. WBecause, I cant take the wind on my ear? Why was my dr and nurse yelling at me? I said I had pain not deafness.

I found out that I cant drink apple juice nor pineapple juice. I'm going to open ginger ale and let it go flat.. Gatorade and water is my friend.

Kdog thanks for asking about me..

Cat, i'm glad that you have movement.
    SN, Are you doing better?

Cali, Hi..

If I forgot anyone blame it on the meds not my heart. I'm going to take my meds
    Working on being a happier me!

Geez, sounds like the infection was pretty bad.

Angry Re: Monday, January 25th, 2010

SN Sorry to hear that this pain doesn't seem to be letting up. Eventually it will and you will feel better. After I had my operation, it was clear to me why it is said that it is an easier procedure for little kids. Cat, hope you arm and shoulder are getting better and you too, SN. I have a bad throat. Thought I caught something from my patient's house, but I've determined that instead it is GERD. Uhhhh. Well, I am in a very bad mood. I got my ass chewed this morning by the nursing supervisor who has only been there a month over the client's treatment of me on Saturday and my decision that I did not want to remain in a hostile work environment. It was almost two months for them to find me another case. I think I really have to concentrate on getting another employer. I don't appreciate being told that I have to take crap from the clients to have a job. I feel very, very bad right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cali510 View Post
    SN Sorry to hear that this pain doesn't seem to be letting up. Eventually it will and you will feel better. After I had my operation, it was clear to me why it is said that it is an easier procedure for little kids. Cat, hope you arm and shoulder are getting better and you too, SN. I have a bad throat. Thought I caught something from my patient's house, but I've determined that instead it is GERD. Uhhhh. Well, I am in a very bad mood. I got my ass chewed this morning by the nursing supervisor who has only been there a month over the client's treatment of me on Saturday and my decision that I did not want to remain in a hostile work environment. It was almost two months for them to find me another case. I think I really have to concentrate on getting another employer. I don't appreciate being told that I have to take crap from the clients to have a job. I feel very, very bad right now.
    Cali, we are humans. We are to be loved and respected. Sadly, we need checks too. I would look for another employer and/or venue to make cash.

I'm resting b/c tomorrow I return to work.. 'god willing and the creek dont rise!'
    Working on being a happier me!

Unhappy Re: Monday, January 25th, 2010

When the client states that they are not going to sign my time sheet, accuses me falsely (favorite tactic according to nurse providing the orientation), and curses at me and calls me derogatory names in another language (or English for that matter), it is time to go. I can not imagine how the other nurses on the case can tolerate having her alter their documentation and tell them, down to the detail, how to do their documentation, in addition to telling them how to do the care. None of this would be happening if the nursing supervisors had been doing their job from the time they opened the case. I am definitely looking for another employer. Unfortunately, I know that 99 out of 100 of them do not support their nurses. So one has to tiptoe around the job long enough to collect the check. I didn't have income to pay my January rent, now I don't have income to pay my February rent. It is getting to be time to look at cleaning houses or hotel rooms for a living. Nursing does not cut it.