Thread: "What a shocker?"

jessnccu5801

\"What a shocker?\"

Nurses, What are some things that I need to look forward to, or look out for when( not if) I pass the NCLEX and graduate from NCCU?

Is there anything that I, as a student, need to do to make the transition easier? (Other than speak to my FATHER on a regular basis! LOL)

What was the biggest obstacle for you?

What area of the hospital would you recommend for Baby nurses?(like myself)

Are the doctors really rude to nurses?

What keeps you going?

Was there ever a time when you had a weak stomach, or needles frightened you? (Or should I just snap out of it!)

W/B soon, I am looking forward to your comments!!!

jessnccu5801

Re: \"What a shocker?\"

I know it is silly to respond to my own post but, (oops) I forgot to ask some things that I felt are important!!

Okay.......

What are the duties of a Registered Nurse?

What are the differences between the duties of an Registered nurse and an LPN?

What program would you recommend to me if I choose to become a nurse educator?

I can only respond to the "rude doctors". I worked for docs in an office setting many years ago and came in contact with many different personalities. Just as you would guess--there's jerks and there's nice people. Some docs I encountered would give you the shirt off your back. Others, however, would exploit the fact that you didn't know what you're doing. Brush those guys off and challenge yourself to know it next time. Good luck!

Well I have run into both rude drs and ones that are great to work with. Just look past the rude ones, there are alot of them that are great to work with.

The different duties between RN and LPN depend alot on the facility that you work for. In some smaller hospitals LPNs can end up with alot more responsibilities than in larger hospitals.

As for the transition, I don't know what part of your education you are in; but, I have found while going through school working while going through each step helps, stepping my way up helps e.g. CNA to LPN to RN

Good Luck