Thread: In need of guidance

Exclamation In need of guidance

what happens when you've done what you were suppose to do and it is still not good enough?

im in a very strange situation. i came out of high school knowing what i want to do, and i still do. i want to become a nurse and more. ive planned to see myself push to become a certified nurse mid-wife. however i've finished all the prereqs with a c average. ive gotten a 69 cut score and not at all close to raising it pass the minimum cut score. i know it is my fault for letting my grades fall to that place but i still want to become a nurse and i am trying very hard to get into a nursing program. is there anyone, in this nursing world that can share some ideas of what i can do? i did see a guidance counselor and even if i do an lvn program, i would still not have a chance in getting to a lvn-rn ladder program because the school would be looking at that same cut score? can someone help? i'm desperate. even if it means i have to be in school for a long time...i can't give up now...

Does your school allow you to retake classes and replace your low score with your new score? Take the classes that are pulling down your GPA over and try improving them. Maybe using the tutoring center or researching better study skills can help you pull your grades up. There are also books available to help you study for nursing school entrance exams, try your local library.