Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watch Out For Core Medical Group!

Angry Watch Out For Core Medical Group!

I was offered a job in RI by Core Medical and accepted. I was told at the last minute that because I had 4 cats, I would have to take a paycut to pay the extra costs for housing. Since I wouldn't leave my cats behind and no other job lined up, I agreed. My contract showed the paycut and stated free housing. When I had traveled all the way to NY from Montana, TED, my recruiter, called me and said they would be charging me $100/week for housing because they were going to be paying more than they thought for my housing due to the cats. I was not happy, to say the least, and I told him that is why I took the paycut (to pay for the cats) and I would not pay an extra $100/wk. He then said his hands were tied and that his supv said he could lower it to $70/wk. Knowing I had nowhere else to go, they put the screws to me and refused to back down. Sure enough, they deducted $70/wk from my paycheck for housing on the 3rd floor of an apt complex 40 MILES AWAY from my job. After numerous problems at the facility in the few short weeks I was there, I called to tell the weekend supv over Thanksgiving weekend that I would be late that day due to intestinal problems (caused by the stress). She then called back immediately and wanted to know how soon I'd be there. She said I was the only one she had. I asked her if I would be expected to care for all 56 residents alone and she verified that I would. I told her I would probably be there within an hour or so of my start time; I had to wait for the med to work. She called back later and left a msg on my phone while I was in the bathroom and told me not to bother coming back. First thing next morning, Ted called me and told me I had 24 hours to vacate my apartment. I did so. I was told later by Ted that I would not be receiving my last paycheck because they needed to recoup housing costs. I spoke with the apt personnel before I left and found that my apt costs were within Core's budget and that my animals had been an excuse to decrease my pay and take even more out of my paycheck.
    MORAL OF THIS STORY: Listen to others when they tell you to steer clear. I was warned and ignored it. Also saw the same thing happen to 2 other nurses at the same facility. There are lots of good agencies out there. Do your homework and ASK AROUND.

Re: Watch Out For Core Medical Group!

I agree. I had a horrible situation with Core Medical Group and always skip right by any ads with their name on them.

Absolutely!!!! if you see Core Medical STOP turn around and run for your life. We are now stranded in Surprise Arizona thanks to Core Medical Group with a heafty sum owed back to the hospital for relocation and sign on bonus, 1/3rd of which was deducted for income tax's. another 3rd was repayed to Core for setting up our houseing which they screwed up royaly. In stead of the $1600.00 we were exspecting to pay for deposits and first months rent we ended up paying $2225. They did not help with realtors and did not stick to the list of houses we had found that were what we wanted. They didn't even find a house like the ones we wanted,or in the area we wanted, or in the price range we wanted, but by the time we found out it was to late. Wouldn't be surprised to find the agent got a kick back. He sure wasn't looking out for us.

Found this and did a little editing
    ----------- Group is a nationally recognized leader (in screwing you over) the medical recruitment and employment industry. Here are some of the FREE & CONFIDENTIAL services you will (NOT) receive when searching for that next permanent position.

- We will provide you with (as little as possible)during the discovery phase in finding your new position. (Because we know very little and just want the check.)

- We will help you customize your resume for maximum effect.( We will cut it up so that the employer thinks you are something you are not just to get you hired)

- We will be your agent during the, often uncomfortable "marketing" phase of your search (we will pick the employer that we can get the most out of for you).

- We will set up your interview, while providing you tips and suggestions tailored towards winning you the position.

- We will provide you with streamlined communication and feedback from, sometimes hard to contact, hiring managers.

- We will provide you with market input for offer consideration.

At ----------- Group, we will prep you for your interview you, negotiate the best rate (for us), (Never) assist in the state licensing process , provide local realty contacts(even though we don't know any)(LOL), and do our best to ensure your interview/relocation experience is stress-free(OMG is that what they call it.)
    Doing all the research and filing the paper work to get an Arizona licence because Core has no Idea what is required. No Stress there!!!!
    Originally told by Core medical that the house we picked out was ours and everything was taken care of. You will note we had to look through the Adds and find the house in the first place not Core medical or any realtor they put us in touch with, because they never put us in touch with anyone. The night befor the move with the truck loaded and ready to go in the morning we get a call from Core. The house is not ours. We have allready sent out change of address to everyone including the post office. No Stress there!!!!
    They found our house for us in the local news paper after we were on the road! No stress there!!!!! Moving 1200 miles in a 24 foot moving van with car in tow, dog in the seat next to you, birds in carriers under the seat, and fish in big icechest with aireators in back and not even knowing where you were going to live till after you get there. No stress there!!!!Finding the house is not acceptable in any way, Size, location, yard, style, or price but having no other options on a Saturday morning. No stress there!! Finding out the the employer has never seen your full resume only cut out pieces that Core Medical has sent them and they are expecting something else other than what you are. Then trying to live up to what they expected in an instant. No stress there!!! Being told you have to take a Med Surg test the day befor you have to take it and you know nothing about the test because they do not do the test in Texas and Core Medical never mentioned it. No Stress There!!!! After taking the test told not to worry it is just to evaluate your weak points so that you can work on them, then a couple weeks later being told you have to take the test again in a month and must pass it or else. No Stress there!!!!!
    Being given the opportunity to resign a week after finding out about the test and never even given the chance to take it, because it's just not working out!! If they had received the full resume they would have known it wasn't going to work out in the first place. Now have to figure out how to come up with $7500.00 to repay relocation funds and first installment of sign on bonus!! NO STRESS THERE!!!!
    Core will tell you what ever you want to hear and the same for the hospital. Money is the name of the game, not what you need or what the employer needs.
    :mad: :mad: Core Medical is bad news :mad: :mad:

Well I ranted enough I guess, but fair warning on the Med Surg Test if you don't know what it is you best find out. The word here is that it started in California (of course) and is working its way East.

I agree! I never took an assignment with them, but discussed a possible assignment with them once and it was like talking with a bunch of idoits!

Sorry this happened to you, hon.

I love it!

Here is some insider info. I am a recruiter and I have known about the goings of Core for well over 5 years. They burn the job seeker and the facilities left and right. They are one of the most hated recruiting groups in the field (though they claim they are the best)...

One day I decided to interview at Core, just to see what they were all about. They have a lovely office in Windham, NH. They have a staff of over 100 recruiters on the travel and perm side. Everything seemed ok thus far, until I talked with Greg Henrichon who is the VP of the group. He is a "seasoned" recruiter like myself and has been in the recruiting universe for 15 years plus. Within the first five minutes he explained how they do this and that for the recruiters, trips here and there, bonuses up the ying yang, etc. I knew this was a sham right out the door. Then he talks about how Core started when the main company was diversifying in the 90s (they also recruit in other professions besides healthcare). He claims right out the door he billed 110k in his first month, I laughed. I have recruited with the best of the best and they only bill half that. Not to perceive you guys as numbers, but that was the biggest bold face lie, especially in a start up company with no clients or candidates. So the tales continued and I interviewed with the management people and they all told similar stories… Then they told me they were weary of hiring me because I have over 5 years experience. So I asked why, because at this point there was no way I was going to go work for Core...

Their business model is as follows: they hire only 22 year old kids straight out of college (usually young females I might add) and throw them to the wolves. They pay them low salaries and even lower commissions, so they are forced to pump stuff out with no regards to the candidate or client. This is why a lot of people get burned. You are dealing with kids, straight out of the college, trying to recruit in a field they have ZERO knowledge about and none of them have ever worked in a hospital like I had. It is a pushy environment, where they back stab each other. They claim they have never lost a recruiter to personal reasons, but this was BS as well. We hired 4 or 5 recruiters from their perm division (all of which failed in my company I might add) in a 2 year time frame.

They are a money making machine because they care about nothing but the money. They really have destroyed the healthcare recruiting field and they just keep going...

I was ultimately not offered the job due to the fact I was too experienced, too good of a biller and came to highly recommended from the hospitals. So there is a recruiter's stand point, enjoy!

The line about 22 year old recruiters makes sense. I posted a resume on Monster.com for hospice administration work and someone from Core Medical contacted me. During a phone conversation with a recruiter I began to feel as if I were being hustled by a teenager. For sure it was someone clueless about hospice.
    As a result I haven't had any more contact with them.

I agree - I took an assignment with CORE - thankfully I did so locally - two hours from home - it was a disaster.

Thumbs down Re: Watch Out For Core Medical Group!

I submitted my application to this company and I am totally shocked by what I have found out about them! I am a very seasoned traveler and applied only because they had posted 2 positions in states where I was very interested in getting a new contract. The recruiter, "Ted" is the most unprofessional ?recruiter? I have ever talked to. When I pointed out to him that his tax advantage plan figures had to be incorrect due to the per hourly rate, he became very argumentative and laughed at my comment that I knew what I was talking about. When I asked that he check his numbers out with another individual there, preferably a supervisor, he said "sure" and then hung up the phone. I suppose he thought he could take advantage of me s he has probadly done so many times in the past. I should have checked out their reviews before going any further. They have really wasted my time. They are right up there with American Mobile as NIGHTMARE nurse travel companies. So glad I never worked for them!!!!!!

Ted is the same recruiter I had. This was the first time I tried traveling nursing and it really turned me off from it. I went through all the application process, listed my experience and the areas it was in. I was told I was going to a LTAC or LTC assignment as this was where most of my experience was. I ended up on an Acute Rehab Unit in a hospital. I had already signed all the paperwork before I found out and was told I had to complete the assignment or reimburse Core Medical for expenses. Luckily the nurse manager of the Rehab Unit discontinued the contract so I didn't have to pay anything back. Core Medical was extremely unprofessional and didn't care about my experience or the welfare of patients they were sending me to take care of.

My wife and I recently spoke with Ted at CoreMedical Group about assignments in the Bay Area. Thankfully, my wife researched the group before accepting any assignments and found this board. The bad reviews made both of us suspicious but my wife, being the curious woman she is, decided to follow Ted down the rabbit hole.

2 weeks later, and having finally submitted all of her information, she spoke with Ted (who had promised her a position at the university hospital in the Bay Area) who informed her that the prior position had been filled BUT they had some GREAT opportunities in L.A., Arizona, Washington, etc.

I want to thank all of you for taking the time to post your horror stories about CoreMedical. If we had not found this post we could be in the same situation as many of you. As for my wife's impressions of Ted: the words "userer," "used car salesman," and "douche" come to mind. DO NOT USE THIS GROUP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast