Thread: American Traveler

American Traveler

Anyone know anything about this company? I was offered a job through them. Housing good? How do they pay? Is there any trouble with paychecks? Help!!!

Re: American Traveler

I travel with them and haven't had too many issues with them. They pay every 2 weeks, pay is sometimes lower than other companies, but I'm able to get a reply from my recruiter if I contact her (she prefers email since she is also the company manager and she responds to emails faster than to phone...easier to reach her this way too). Sorry for the rambling. Housing isn't too bad, but if you do a search yourself of the area and ask to be put in a complex you like there, they might accomodate you..as long as the complex does short-term leasing and hopefully within their budget. Some travelers don't like them because if low pay and/or of bad experience, but like I said no big issue for me...yet. Really depends on your recruiter I guess and mine is good. Hope this info helps.

Where is your assignment with them?

Re: American Traveler

I travel with them as well. No complaints from me.

Housing is a small issue with me since I travel with my mutts. The housing coordinators work well with you. Decent areas, decent apartments. The mutts are happy and so am I.

The pay seems adequate considering everything that is included. They pay every two weeks as stated. No problems with payroll. Be wary of a traveling company offering big money, sometimes you don't get something else.

All in all, I'm very happy. But then again, I'd be happy in a tent as long as I had my mutts.

Here's my traveling buddies, Max and Sushi:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Angry Re: American Traveler

I recently had a bad experience with AT. First, they claim on the website that they "take care of every detail" , but apparently , that doesn't mean a turn key apt. My apt was nice , clean, with good furniture, and that's it. Not even a broom or garbage can. I spent close to $250 at big lots buying everything you need to live, which then all got tossed when I left because there was no room in my car to bring back all that stuff.

Also, I was expected to take call, but the apt was 19 miles from the hospital , which in avg traffic meant 45 minutes away. Not very professional.

Then , 3 weeks in, my contract was cancelled. No warning, not even a hint of what was coming. The stated reason was complete nonsense, but I was still expected to pay the company back for 10 weeks (pro-rated) rental fees on my apartment. When I asked "If I'm paying for this , then I can live in it or sublease it , right?" They said no. So, I couldn't live there, or sublease it, even though I was being charged for the apt, and furniture lease. Wow.

These 3 things together have given me reason to now avoid this company at all costs. Traveler beware.

ps- the hospital was Banner Good Sam in PHX. If anyone is thinking of going there and wants more info, please email me.

Thumbs up Re: American Traveler

this is my company.. i have been traveling with them for a year now and i am ready to get my loyalty bonus of $1000 for sticking with them.. housing is great i live literally a 1 1/2 miles from my hospital and i walk to work everyday .... sunny florida is where i am placed.. i dont know how comparable my pay is to other travelers.. but the housing and furniture and water and electricity is included..

one thing i do wish was included would be dishes, and like someone else said cleaning supplies.. that would save some money and truely make it easier to just pack up and go..

i have worked at 3 different hospitals and was able to live inthe same apt the whole time.. that was nice.. insurance as a traveler is sucky.. but they do give you the option to get your own and they pay $100 towards it.. which is a nice amount.. i just got denied for insurance so i had to go with what they offered which is bare minimum..

other than that my recruiter is very accessible.. by email mostly other than that paychecks always on time.. and anddddddddd they have free unlimited ceu's...

other than that i have a had a great experience.. withe american traveler.. now the hospitals on the other hand are another story...

JUST REMEMBER EVERYONES EXPERIENCE IS DIFFERENT SO NO MATTER WHAT YOU HEAR HERE YOUR EXPERIENCE WILL BE WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT!!!!!

buena suerte !!

Question Re: American Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by CathRN
    I recently had a bad experience with AT. First, they claim on the website that they "take care of every detail" , but apparently , that doesn't mean a turn key apt. My apt was nice , clean, with good furniture, and that's it. Not even a broom or garbage can. I spent close to $250 at big lots buying everything you need to live, which then all got tossed when I left because there was no room in my car to bring back all that stuff.

Also, I was expected to take call, but the apt was 19 miles from the hospital , which in avg traffic meant 45 minutes away. Not very professional.

Then , 3 weeks in, my contract was cancelled. No warning, not even a hint of what was coming. The stated reason was complete nonsense, but I was still expected to pay the company back for 10 weeks (pro-rated) rental fees on my apartment. When I asked "If I'm paying for this , then I can live in it or sublease it , right?" They said no. So, I couldn't live there, or sublease it, even though I was being charged for the apt, and furniture lease. Wow.

These 3 things together have given me reason to now avoid this company at all costs. Traveler beware.

ps- the hospital was Banner Good Sam in PHX. If anyone is thinking of going there and wants more info, please email me.
    Just curious why you were cancelled at Good Sam- I'm now under investigation there and cannot return until they're finished, I also work for AT et am wondering what is going on- please reply.:confused: