Thread: Student questions!

Post Student questions!

I am looking at graduating in May 2010 with my Associate's Degree in Nursing. Does anyone have any N-CLEX study suggestions? Programs? Books? Another question? Is it easier to get a job if you have a Bachelor's Degree in nursing?

Re: Student questions!

Quote Originally Posted by luv$herf-150 View Post
    I am looking at graduating in May 2010 with my Associate's Degree in Nursing. Does anyone have any N-CLEX study suggestions? Programs? Books? Another question? Is it easier to get a job if you have a Bachelor's Degree in nursing?

The best prep suggestion I can give is practice taking NCLEX questions. Do an internet search, or visit your local Barnes & Noble to purchase study guides by Kaplan, Barrons, etc. The above image was from a net search.

For a brand new nurse, at least in Texas, ADNs & BSNs have equal chance of getting hired for bedside nursing at acute care facilities. Although, you could do as I did. Four years after becoming an ADN I enrolled in an RN-BSN program. This program was very different from my ADN program. We were treated as professionals D/T already an RN. Our clinicals were much different than in my ADN program, too. Anyway, something for you to think about because with a BSN you will other opportunities besides bedside nursing.

GOOD LUCK!
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Thank you very much for your book suggestion and your good luck wishes.

Much appreciated!

luv$herf-150

Quote Originally Posted by luv$herf-150 View Post
    I'd agree with Cary, do as many questions as you can stand. As you do the questions, look up any terms you don't understand, drugs or conditions you're not familiar with.

Question are an excellent way to find out what you do and don't need to brush up on. Review courses can be good too

More tips, sample questions here:
    http://www.nursefriendly.com/nclex/

Andrew Lopez, RN
    Nursingentrepreneurs.com, The Nursing Entrepreneur, Nurse-Owned Business Directory