I am in an RN to BSN program and set to graduate in December and will be back to travel nursing in January. I’m an ER nurse but did my school practicum in the Neonatal ICU. I have a unit assignment due this week. The assignment is to collaborate online with a nursing colleague in another region about a current issue within my practicum area. The issue I have chosen is discuss is multiples sharing beds or at least being placed in incubators next to each other. Where I did my practicum, we had twins and even quads in different rooms and not even side by side. I felt like this was very hard on the parents as some even timed how long they spent with each child so no baby got more time then the other. When I asked why the children were not together, they said it would be too hard for the staff to get more then one admission to a room at the same time. In addition, it would be hard to care for two such high acuity patients and they would rather staff one nurse with a high acuity and a medium acuity patient. My question to you is how have things be done at the facilities you work at? Are they always placed in separate beds side by side, do you co-bed, or are they in separate rooms? Your thoughts are very much appreciated.