Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All nurses who did not pass NCLEX...

All nurses who did not pass NCLEX...

Hello there...

My name is Margo and I thought it might be somehow useful to all of us (nurses with "did not pass" sign) to learn from each other's experience about such thing as "failing NCLEX for the first, second or third time".
    Did your performance become better or worse from first, second or third exams? What are your thoughts about test process?
    Thank you for your reading of this thread "

Anonymous

Re: all nurses who did not pass NCLEX...

Hi I didn't fail but then again I had been an LPN for 17 years. As a passer I might be able to give you some insite. Maybe not.

One thing that I did was take the test several times every time I was in the compute lab.. I believe that NCLEX must have a CD now that you can buy to take it at home.

I just kept taking it over and over. Just to get a feel for how the testers thought...Yes the testers should know the correct answer but it's how they ask the question to get to that correct answer that you have to understand..

One thing many people do is "read into" a question and I believe that the questions are set up that way. I have no ideas on that..

Hope this makes sense.. Good luck

WR,,, three commas for Becca

Thanks, actually I have been taking this tests over and over, each day. I also keep "reading into" the question and sometimes it helps...

Anonymous

Try not to read into the question that is where some people make their mistake.

WR,,, three commas for Becca

Remember you can't know it all for the test. Some of it is luck I believe. We all have areas in which we are stronger and some that we are weaker. Just have to believe they are gonna aske you more question in your strong suit..

Well, any suggestions regarding preparing to NCLEX? Was Kaplan courses useful for any of you? Is Mosby good in comparing with Kaplan?

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy666
    Well, any suggestions regarding preparing to NCLEX? Was Kaplan courses useful for any of you? Is Mosby good in comparing with Kaplan?
    Forum Chat http://www.socanon.com/ is a place for research for the nclex theres more than meets the eye to the test

Forum Chat http://www.socanon.com/ has a lot of research to these tests,,,,and how the tests are written.

WHAT IS A PSYCHOMETRICIAN AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO YOU! Forum Chat http://www.socanon.com/ look at this article for more info on the nclex

Hey, Margo, first of all, I applaud your bravery to admit that you did not pass. That said, I passed both the LPN and RN Boards, but had to take all 265 questions; I have no idea if I hung on the verge of failure. Here's my advice to you. READ EVERY QUESTION COMPLETELY and think it through (and understand it) before you look at the answers. You may develop the answer in your brain; then look to see if any of the answers are close to your thoughts. ELIMINATE the ones that you KNOW are incorrect. You are probably left with 2 answers. Pick the very best answer and move on. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR ANSWER. Once I learned to stop changing mine, I did much better on my tests. You know more than you think you do. This may seem very time-consuming, and the test is timed, but I finished mine in less than 90 minutes. AND, I REFUSED to study for Boards. Sorry for the lengthy post. This may not work for everyone, but it obviously worked for me. I wish you the very best. DON'T GIVE UP!!

Wink Re: all nurses who did not pass NCLEX...

I passed my boards on the first attempt in 75 questions but I do know some that also failed with 75 questions. I reviewed as many questions as I could. When I found a question that really stumped me I would go back and read over that particular subject. Reviewing questions, not reading into questions, and not changing your answer are the best way to prepare for the boards.

Before I took my boards I listened to a meditation tape in my car. It really helped to calm me down so I would not race through the questions on the exam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast