Thread: Is there hope for me?

Is there hope for me?

I had been a licensed RN in Texas for 8 years up until last January when I voluntarily surrendered my license after an informal hearing with the Board. I had been reported to the board by my employer for improper disposition of a patient's
    Lortab. At the time I had become dependent on prescribed Lortab while being treated for migrane headaches. I have been free of any abusive substances for over 18 months now. The board stipulates that I may apply for reinstatement after 1 year with proof that I have been abstenent from any abusive substance for 12 consecutive months. I have taken steps to prove just that. Is there hope for me to be able to practice as an RN again?

Re: Is there hope for me?

Absolutely... there is hope.

If you feel as if you may still be having problems with substance abuse, I would encourage you to visit the Nurses in Recovery section here in the forum.

"No pain is greater than the knowledge that no one cares or understands."

There are many facilities that I represent in the Dallas, Texas area that have "back-to-the bedside programs". You might want to consider getting in with a facility that can assist you in getting this done. I commend you for your abstenance. Feel free to contact me at: amberhooper@dreamjob.com.

Anonymous

If you want to be back in an RN role enough you will be. It's all up to you... Keep up the good work

WR,,, three commas for Becca

Merekat motto:

Respect your Elders, Teach the young, Cooperate with Family, Play when you can, Work when you should, Rest in between, Share your Affection, Voice your Feelings, Leave your Mark.