Thread: new travel nurse need advice on agency

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cool new travel nurse need advice on agency

Hi! My name is Mesha and I am a cardiac, med/surg, women's health RN with 3 years of experience come July. I would love to start travel nursing this summer and have did some research on some of the companies: Trustaff, Axis Nursing, AYA, Medical Solutions, Fastaff, Advantage RN and Aureus Medical Group. I plan on traveling in California to spend more time with my grandmother. I am already working on my licensure (which by the way is very complicated and time consuming), but I have a steady job at the moment so I have time to truly find that perfect assignment. If anybody can give me any advice on these agencies or recommend another it would be very helpful in my search. I would love to help someone get a referral bonus.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: new travel nurse need advice on agency

Check out RN Network, Clinical One, & Trinity Healthcare Staffing- I have had good experiences with those.

FYI- When you mention "Axis Nurses," I think you mean "Access Nurses." Access tends to offer lower pay rates than the rest.
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

There is an AXIS travel nurse company.
    Anyway, good luck on travel, ask alot of questions and get everything in writing that being requested day off , etc.
    Make sure housing is free even if you have to stay in a hotel until your apt. is ready.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

:offtopic: AXIS and Access do sound alike when you think about it.....just my 2 cents worth.

Good luck, tweety, and please keep us informed on your hunt for a travel job. Drop by often! We'd love to hear from you!

'Cat'

Unhappy Re: new travel nurse need advice on agency

Thanks for all the recommendations! Okay so I talked to a travel nursing agency and asked lot of questions!! One thing I am trying to make certain the recruiter told me NOTHING IS FREE??? Is this true? He told me it all comes out of the tax free portion of the money you receive housing, insurance, and travel reimbursement also known as tax advantage plan. He told me that if they tell you it's free you will be making less money or pay rate will decrease. This is very important information so please help me because I am confused! I thought the whole point of travel nursing was that you did not pay for cost of living!

Sounds like a LINE from Advantage Rn. Anyway, don't take the tax adantage and work the numbers that way.
    HOUSING IS FREE TO THE TRAVEL NURSE
    So call more companies and recruiters, until you understand the deal