Thread: I am 20 years old and in college. I want to be Surgical Nurse, any advice on how?

Facebook User

I am 20 years old and in college. I want to be Surgical Nurse, any advice on how?

Where do I start? I currently attending OSU-OKC. I should be done with my basics in about a year. Where should I transfer too? OU,UCO,ROSESTATE??? I wanna be a great nurse, not an average nurse. Does it really matter what college you graduate from?

Re: I am 20 years old and in college. I want to be Surgical Nurse, any advice on how?

With being a surgical nurse, figure out where you might like to work as one, and check to see what their requirements are. There are some hospitals that do not require any prior nursing expereience, and some that want a couple of years of med-surg first. It varies on the facility.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][U][B]Marie[/B][/U], RN in O.R, pursuing BSN, semester [U]?[/U] of [U]?[/U]:)[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B]Supposedly 8 out of 10 people suffer from hemorrhoids. Does that mean that the other 2 people [I]enjoy[/I] them???:confused:[/B][/FONT]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
    [B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My little peapod has arrived :).[/FONT][/B]