Thread: Newbie...LOL

Cool Newbie...LOL

Hi All, I am a mid 40's Male Pediatric/PICU RN with about 12 years of experience.... in Montana. I am just getting ready to start travel nursing, and joined this site for networking, and information. Anyone with information and/or advice, please feel free to send me a message. Also, if you just want to socialize...
    I look forward to hearing from you...

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Newbie...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MTThornCRL View Post
    Hi All, I am a mid 40's Male Pediatric/PICU RN with about 12 years of experience.... in Montana. I am just getting ready to start travel nursing, and joined this site for networking, and information. Anyone with information and/or advice, please feel free to send me a message. Also, if you just want to socialize...
    I look forward to hearing from you...

Hi, and great to meet you! Haven't met too many PICU RN's in my years of practice, so maybe you'd be able to share your knowledge with us.

We do have a PICU Forum, listed under the Critical Care section of the Specialty Nurses Forum. Perhaps you can post some relevant material there for others to peruse? It would be greatly appreciated.

Here's to seeing many of your posts!

'Cat'

Welcome!
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Welcome to the site, Thorn! Glad to have you around.

Your choice of specialty is differant. What drew you to being a PICU nurse?

'That Bird'

Cool Re: Newbie...LOL

:60: Welcome to the site.

Thanks all for the Welcome!
    Suebird... re: interesting choice of PICU.. How did that happen? Well, pretty much like all my nursing career, I just stumbled into it...lol
    After Nursing school, I never wanted to go into Peds, I had four young kids, and actively decided to not have anything to do with Peds (the thought of being a kids nurse scared the heck out of me) I worked Med/Surg for the first year plus after Graduation, then took a Float bid, our Peds unit got hit hard with RSV that year, and had no choice but to float there....Long and short of it is, I Loved it! it is my niche, and my passion.... I took a bid as soon as one came open, and have been there ever since. The dynamics of working with all the age ranges, as well as a much more family involved nursing style is challenging to say the least... and doing so succesfully, well, the rewards are innumerable... I could go on and on... the critical care aspects of the PICU are very rewarding as well, (though the occasional losses are heart rending, more so than with adults) I look at my nursing as a blessing, to me, and from me. I care for my patients as I would want my family cared for. It helps to work with a Great team, it is very hard to become jaded or burnt out when working in Peds, as you always have such a variety of patients and needs to meet...
    Any ways, I am, and always will be a Peds Nurse, it is not just what I do, it is who I am...LOL the Moose rules!