Thread: Independent RN Contractor

Independent RN Contractor

Hello fellow nurses!! I am so glad to hear that more and more nurses are becoming aware of this great new industry for nurses.
    We as a group are tired of being told how much our services are worth. The economy is ripe for the nurse entrepreneur. Why wait? The nursing shortage is just beginning and there doesn’t appear to be a quick fix in the near future. Much of the nursing workforce is coming up on retirement time, which is only going to compound the lack of skilled nurses to deal with the oncoming baby-boomers.

There is no better feeling than to own your own business. Nurses will enjoy not only increased wages but also an increased feeling of self-respect. Nurses are the perfect business owners. They have the communication skills and the ability as assess, implement and organize a plan. These are the same criteria that any business owner uses. We as nurses use this system everyday of our nursing careers. An independent nurse contractor is one who contracts with a healthcare facility for nursing services. You will be able to negotiate your compensation, hours worked and length of time your services will be needed. This could be the change you have diligently been looking for. Good Luck!!

Re: Independent RN Contractor

I have looked into programs that help you! Yeah, they help you for big bucks! Any place online to learn about being a nurse entrepreneur without having to shuck out big bucks??? I haven't found one yet!

Hello,

My name's Andrew, owner of Nursingentrepreneurs.com, I've run a nursing website since 1997 and dabbled in Nursing Agencies, Network Marketing and slew of other businesses.

My website is set up as a C-corporation in the state of New Jersey and I can answer most basic questions, won't charge anything to answer questions posted in this forum.

If you're interested in Starting your own Nursing Agency or working as an Independent Contractor, you'll need to learn:

1. How to set up and run a business in general. That means setting up your books, your office, payroll, and billing. Items any business will need to deal with.

For assistance, you can visit:

The Small Business Administration:
    http://www.sba.gov/

They're funded by the Government for the sole purpose of helping you get your business off the ground.

2. You'll need to learn about the Temporary Staffing Industry. A bank will look at you like you've got two heads if you tell them you want to start a registry or nursing agency. It's jargon to them.

The appropriate business term is Temporary Staffing Agency, to hospitals, nursing homes, etc.

A good book on the topic is: "How to Start a Temporary Staffing Service," published by Entrepreneur Magazine and recommended by the Small Business Association.

I'd start with 1 and 2 if you're thinking about a staffing business. Any other questions on marketing, contracts, insurance, etc. try me.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.howtostartanursingagency.com

Be an Independent Nurse Contractor / Nurse Staffing Agency / Nurse Registry and More! | Comprehensive Nursing Agency Start Up Guide

Planning on starting a Nursing Agency Business?, Nurse Registry, Nurse Staffing Agency or becoming and Independent Nurse Contractor, this "How To Start Your Own Nursing Agency" is for you. This guide offers step by step business plans for setting up your own nursing business. Whether your goals are to become an Independent RN contractor or to set up a business in nurse recruitment services this package covers all 50 states and is jam packed with new additional products and services, making it the most comprehensive guide offered on the internet today. Also includes 23 essential software such as: Peachtree Accounting Software, Business Plan Creator, as well as access to over 3,800 legal forms, searchable database of over 22,000 Hospitals and Nursing Homes to market your service. and over 100 nurse agency specific forms necessary to start your own business in health care services.

Starting your own Nursing Agency is clearly explained in this Most Comprehensive Start Up Guide. How to Start a successful nursing agency start up guide is flooding the internet. This e-book clearly explains you on hot to carefully plan to start your nursing agency. Then the e-book will also explain how to manage your business on a day to day basis with information about market analysis and planning, advertising, employee records and training, accounting and bookkeeping, determining your target market, how to analyze the competition, and more. Start your nursing agency today! CALL Toll Free PH: 1-(877)-299-3450

You don't have to be a Nurse to start your own Nursing agency or private home care staffing agency. All you need is one of our packages and the desire to be self employed. This is the only industry where there will always be a need to staff hospitals, nursing homes & home care. There is never a fear for competition. Get one of our packages now and you can be in business in less than a month. It is time for any ambitious person to tap into this multi billion dollar industry.

Consider the following benefits of running your own healthcare business

* Be Your Own Boss.
    * More Control Over Your Career .
    * Work From Home And Spend More Time With Family.
    * Set Your Own Hours.
    * Have Unlimited Income Potential.
    * Be part into this multi billion industry, where there will always be a shortage.

For more info: http://www.nursingagencystartup.com
    Or CALL Toll Free PH: 1-(877)-299-3450