Thread: Who Will hire Me?

Unhappy Who Will hire Me?

:mad: I am new in the hprp program..reported myself. admitted everything. I had to pay 310 bucks for my intake evaluation..and they dont want me to work right now...does anyone know if and when I can return to work..where I could go. Does anyone know of employers that accept nurses in treatment...basically I am afraid they are going to run the other way. By the way.. I only reported myself after I failed a urine drug screen and my hospital fired me. Reporting myself was suggested by the MRO...I know my nightmare has only began...I am currently in michigan..anyone with any info would be great..thanks.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Re: Who Will hire Me?

Quote Originally Posted by nichole5026
    :mad: I am new in the hprp program..reported myself. admitted everything. I had to pay 310 bucks for my intake evaluation..and they dont want me to work right now...does anyone know if and when I can return to work..where I could go. Does anyone know of employers that accept nurses in treatment...basically I am afraid they are going to run the other way. By the way.. I only reported myself after I failed a urine drug screen and my hospital fired me. Reporting myself was suggested by the MRO...I know my nightmare has only began...I am currently in michigan..anyone with any info would be great..thanks.
    I don't know about the policy of the program you are in But in California if all your urine tests are clean no drugs/or alchohol it's generally 6-9 months before you are allowed to return to work and that's in non-patient care.These are jobs like case management, quality assurance etc. Many go to work in managed care as Tele-nurses and so on. I did not have any trouble getting a job. I was approved on a Monday and hired on Friday of the same week. I went and talked to the DON at the facility where I went through rehab. She already knew I was a recovering addict/alcoholic. She had seen me around the facility as I was doing volunteer work as part of my aftercare. I originally started doing intake assessments I was approved for patient care four months ago and went right into a staff nurse position in the adolescent treatment program. At my last assessment with the state I got my narcotics keys back and was told to prepare to be in transition within 9 mos.

I attribute my success in this program to AA/NA and embracing the 12 steps of recovery. I learned to turn over to my Higher Power those things and worries that I could not control and just work my program of recovery trusting that what the Big Book said about great things coming to pass for me and countless others would come true. It has happened for me and will happen for you.

Peace and Namaste

Red face Re: Who Will hire Me?

hI NICOLE I SAW YOUR POST IN APRIL ABOUT HPRP< HOW DID THINGS WORK OUT? i HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH HPRP FOR AWHILE..I AM WORKING ON MY SECOND CONTRACT DUE TO A RELASPE AFTER COMPLETING 3 YRS..DUMB ME, BUT I WAS A SELF REPORT BOTH TIMES AND IT WAS ONLY DUE TO SOMEONE IN THE BEGGGINING SUGGESTING HPRP TO ME, NEVAR FIRED OR STOLE ON THE JOB..BUT IF YOU NEED ANY HELP LET ME KNOW BY EMAIL I AM PRETTY EDUCATED ON THE PROGRAM! SOBER AGAIN NOW 1.6 YRS AND WAS 4 YRS SOBER PRIOR TO THE RELASPE..HOPEFULLY YOU HAVE BEGUN WORK.. LET ME KNOW..
    SINCERELY
    AA4ME2LIVE4@PEOPLEPC.COM

Quote Originally Posted by nichole5026 View Post
    This is my same situation!!! Have you found work and if so where?

I have read so many of your replies and you are an inspiration to me. I was busted this Monday for Iv Fentanyl and am trying to put my life back together. I am an agency/traveler and the hospital said that they would send this to the state baord. Rather than waiting around, I am in the process of contacting them to see what can be done. Any info you could provide would be much appreciated. Do you know if is possible to work from home during this time? And do you know if this is submitted to the other states I am currently licensed in?
    thank you.

I was busted for IV Fentanyl use too in 2002. I took a few years off and recently persued getting my license back. I have applied EVERYWHERE!!! My old employer called me 3 times, got me all excited then told me I needed to work somewhere else for a year before I could be considered for rehire. NO ONE even calls me back!! The recruiters at the hospitals are obviously avoiding me. I finally sent a letter and resume to administration to these places. I think my old employer must be telling these people they wont rehire me (because they won't right now) so I wrote another letter to every place I applied telling them that my old employer said they would hire me back after one year. I don't know!! I love nursing but I am ready to give up!! Does anybody else have to call NCPS every morning at 5:30 to see if they are chosen to give a random urine ??? I have to do this for 3 years!!! Sad...a friend of mine-an MD- did the same thing and was back to work within 1 year!! WV nursing board is HORRIBLE!!! I am tyhinking of changing professions and I HATE IT!!!! HELP ME!!!

Wink Re: Who Will hire Me?

While I was still pretty new in my state's diversion program, I went to work for a detox as an Admissions Coordinator (clerical work). Recently had my license returned (basic privileges i.e., patient care but no meds) so the detox hired me as Admissions Nurse up on the floors. It's not my ideal job; I come from a critical care background. But it's the job that's right for me at this time and I'm incredibly grateful for the opportunity. There are several nurses that work at this specific detox who are in our state's diversion program. Maybe this would be an option for you too?