Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watch out for Trustaff's "highest Pay"

Wink Re: Watch out for Trustaff's "highest Pay"

There are a number of companies that do that and some travelers mostly independent subcontractors prefer that.

It should be an option rather than the standard.

I and I think most Travelers prefer the housing and everything is in the company's name and they pay for it.

You can even search other housing options and present it to your recruiter to see if they will pay for it. This is where selling comes in.

I've doneit a a few times with great success. I was happy and so was the company because it was a total package deal that came with everything and they had to only sign the lease and send a check. Win/Win

CJ www.TravelNurseTooolbox.com

Re: Watch out for Trustaff's "highest Pay"

Thanks for the heads up! Im having issues with AMA over money now. Last thing I want to do is jump from the fire into more HELL!!

Totally agree.Stay away from trustaff.They offered me a job and i moved from Fl to TX leaving my best paying job behind,rented and prepaid an apartment for 4 months all out of my pocket and when i went for the orientation as scheduled i realized that there was no job for me.In fact not a single position was open at that time.Of course there was no explanation from their side and they offered me another job somewhere else told me that, thats a favour they r doing!!Anyways after i denied taking that job and asked for a compensation they stopped answering my calls!!Now i am here in a new city without job regretting every moment i trusted them.So please do not ever trust them.STAY AWAY from them.

I usually say that for any company it depends on your recruiter but TruStaff recruiters are trained in how to use a sales pitch of "highest pay" and tell you what other companies do wrong. After negotiating a contract with trustaff for 2 weeks I wrote them off in 2 minutes. They would not put any of the terms we talked about in writing. They said "we use a basic contract." Do not believe anything they tell you until it is in a WRITTEN contract and signed by both parties. I have chose to stay away from them completely.

Cool Re: Watch out for Trustaff's "highest Pay"

Im new to travelling. Planning to start my 1st trip in a couple of weeks. You guys have got me kinda freaked out. I really want to go to the vi. Ive worked in "bad areas" before so that doesnt scare me. But i really need the $$$ ive read all the fine print for trustaff. I get that my housing is coming out of my pay. Isnt that part of the reason the rate is higher? Is it really that expensive there? If we just hang out at "home"? Ive looked at the sapphire resort online it looks nice. I dont get the complaints. The hosp also doesnt look bad online. Ive worked in worse more remote circumstances. Has anyone taken thier kids? Is there anything to do at the resort? How about the tax advantage plan, is it a good thing? Does trustaff do it any different than other agencies. Im leaning towards them because they do return my calls right away and have found jobs when other companies said there is nothing out there. Ive got 6years er/hs/ms on me and im pretty flexible about where i go. I just cant believe its that hard to find positions. So i think im gonna be courageous and go for it. I figure even at its worst i can suck it up for 13weeks. Any advise????

Unhappy Re: Watch out for Trustaff's "highest Pay"

Quote Originally Posted by nrskel78 View Post
    I usually say that for any company it depends on your recruiter but TruStaff recruiters are trained in how to use a sales pitch of "highest pay" and tell you what other companies do wrong. After negotiating a contract with trustaff for 2 weeks I wrote them off in 2 minutes. They would not put any of the terms we talked about in writing. They said "we use a basic contract." Do not believe anything they tell you until it is in a WRITTEN contract and signed by both parties. I have chose to stay away from them completely.
    Thanks for the warning. When they won't put it into the contract, they won't honor it, and that makes them suspect up front.

I agree that whatever is promised to you NEEDS TO BE IN YOUR CONTRACT! As long as they're giving it to you in writing, go for it. I think one of my biggest problems was that I started so quickly that I didn't have all of my paperwork stuff worked out before taking my first assignment. I only did one travel assignment and might start back after my son graduates from high school next year.

Thumbs up Re: Watch out for Trustaff's "highest Pay"

Quote Originally Posted by ANNAMYRAE View Post
    Im new to travelling. Planning to start my 1st trip in a couple of weeks. You guys have got me kinda freaked out. I really want to go to the vi. Ive worked in "bad areas" before so that doesnt scare me. But i really need the $$$ ive read all the fine print for trustaff. I get that my housing is coming out of my pay. Isnt that part of the reason the rate is higher? Is it really that expensive there? If we just hang out at "home"? Ive looked at the sapphire resort online it looks nice. I dont get the complaints. The hosp also doesnt look bad online. Ive worked in worse more remote circumstances. Has anyone taken thier kids? Is there anything to do at the resort? How about the tax advantage plan, is it a good thing? Does trustaff do it any different than other agencies. Im leaning towards them because they do return my calls right away and have found jobs when other companies said there is nothing out there. Ive got 6years er/hs/ms on me and im pretty flexible about where i go. I just cant believe its that hard to find positions. So i think im gonna be courageous and go for it. I figure even at its worst i can suck it up for 13weeks. Any advise????
    ---I have been with trustaff for 7 weeks and so far everything has went well. I have a great recruiter, Sondra. They took care of my housing, travel expenses and I still bring home around $1218.00 per week. I have talked to other travelers, and they tell me that trustaff had some bad recruiters in the past, but are doing much better now. So far, I have been very happy with them! By the way, I am in Guam for a 13 week assignment, it is beautiful here, but far away from home. I would like to go to the VI next assignment- closer to home. How are things going in the VI'S. Good Luck!

I will never work for Trustaff again. They do not give you what is promisd. By the time they take rent, utilities, furniture rental your paycheck is small. They do not cover travel, they did not pay for my NRP renewal. I had 4 different recruiters in a 6 month period. The reason I was with them for 6 months?..my first travel assignment and I loved the hospital. I would not reccomend trustaff.

I just completed a four week contract with Trustaff and feel like I survived a nightmare assignment. I agreed too fast to take an assignment and then didn't get to read or sign the contract until after my first day on the job. You all know the rest of the story........the facility needs you right away so get your documents faxed in to us today.......... The pay stub was available on line through adp. I have never, not even one time been able to log in to the point of viewing or printing my earnings. I still don.t believe Trustaff ever paid me for housing or travel. I had to borrow money from friends just to be able to secure my own housing to start this job. The facility and Trustaff together rewrote the contract to state that the facility could change my scheduled hours anytime they wanted to and no OT paid until I worked atleast forty hours in a week. I ended up working one day from 0630 until 0130 the following day with not a dime of OT all hours were the regular rate. The facility made sure I never got up to forty hours by only guaranteeing me thirtytwo hours a week........I meant it when I said nightmare folks. I am still waiting on my last paycheck....and not holding my breath either.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast