Thread: Bonus?

Bonus?

Do you guys regularly get bonuses upon completion of contracts? When I was a staff ER nurse on the east coast, I worked with lots of travelers (who were primarily employed by Cross Country or one of their nine billion spin offs) who were getting up to $3000 completion bonuses every 13 weeks. Granted the hospital i worked for sucked and was heavily reliant on travelers because they couldn't keep staff, so i assume they were paying more than most. Anyways, long story short, I quit and now work for CC. I've done two contracts so far, and none have had a bonus. I thought that was kind of wierd so I mentioned this to some of the travelers that I'm still in contact with from my old staff job, and they said that bonuses in general seem to be drying up. Do you find this to be the case? And Im talking about real bonuses, not some shady payout made under the guise of a stipend.

Member Extraordinaire

Re: Bonus?

There aren't as many completion bonuses offered anymore- not sure why. I personally would rather have a higher hourly rate than a completion bonus. I have heard from many travelers about hospitals that will cancel a traveler's contract a week before it's over so they won't have to pay the completion bonus. If you take a higher hourly rate instead of a bonus, this can be avoided.....
    Amanda, RN, BSN
    Ex-Traveler Extraordinaire,
    Resident Trauma Queen

I've never come across any completion bonuses until I came to baltimore. I did 3 assignments at Johns hopkins and received a $3000 bonus each time. They would never cancel you unless it's was something serious or if you called out more than 2 times during your assignment. Hopkins always offers a completion bonus of some sort. Right now, it's only about $2300 though. They also offer higher pay rates for high needs positions.

It just depends on the facility. They are the ones that offer and pay the big completion bonuses.

I was told before I started traveling.. beware of the facilities offering bonuses.. there's always a reason why.. From talking with fellow travelers, its usually due to low staffing, high patient ratios... etc.. etc..