Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch out for Trustaff's "highest Pay"

Exclamation Watch out for Trustaff's "highest Pay"

I am currently with Trustaff. They advertise the highest pay and on the surface it looks that way. However, you pay your rent and expenses out of the rate. I called my recruiter Tim Lewis and immediately he argued about an offer I had from another company stateing they were lying. I have worked for the other company and was paid accurately. Everyone was nice until the money talk. It is simple math, so have your calculator handy and don't let Trustaff influence what you know.

Re: Watch out for Trustaff's "highest Pay"

Axis tried that with me and kept touting thier 45 an hour pay in monterey, but "you're only being taxed on 5.45 an hour' . after fast calculating in my head it did not add up without making less than 25 an hour. housing in ca is expensive. especially monterey. run nurselily run!!!!

Angry Re: Watch out for Trustaff's "highest Pay"

That's the gawd-awful truth!!!!!!!!

highest Pay

OK have not worked for this company but will say the following Watch the rate you are given verbaly by any Company. On a recent contarct I was told I would get $31 per hour and when I got the contract it had $26 an hour. When I questioned this I was told because I was working 12 hours shifts, I would get paid time and half for the last 4 hours and the total paid for the shift divided by 12 would work out to $31 per hour.

Actualy this is correct only if you work the full 12 hours so in the event you only work 8 hours you end up with getting paid the lower rate. Most honest employers offering 12 hours shifts will give an hourly rate of say $31 and then inform you that those shifts worked in access of 8 hours are paid @ 85% of the hourly rate for the 1st 8 hours and then time and half on 85% of the rate on the last 4 hours. So if you work only 8 hours you get 100% of the hourly rate.

If you value your financial stability at all you will STAY AWAY FROM TRUSTAFF!!!!!!:frustrated: :firedup:

Quote Originally Posted by Nurselily View Post
    I am currently with Trustaff. They advertise the highest pay and on the surface it looks that way. However, you pay your rent and expenses out of the rate. I called my recruiter Tim Lewis and immediately he argued about an offer I had from another company stateing they were lying. I have worked for the other company and was paid accurately. Everyone was nice until the money talk. It is simple math, so have your calculator handy and don't let Trustaff influence what you know.

Better yet don't even bother to waste your time talking to TruStaff.

:endof: Same here. I worked for Trustaff in the Virgin Islands. The pay was so attractive at the beginning. By the time I got down there and started the contract and they deducted the housing, etc. It was $200 less per week than originally quoted on take home pay. Needless to say they screwed me out of money on housing and kept my housing deposit to themselves because I threatened to give them a bad NAME! Well, we were forced to stay in temporary housing for 10 days and then move into new housing for the remainder of the contract. They charged us $ 1000 for 10 days of housing. We were told this condo rented for $700 per month so why we were charged $1000. They said it was the weekly VACATION RENTAL rate! Well sorry, I was not on vacation. Also, we then moved into our cottage for the remainder 80 days of the contract at $1800 per month. They again charged us for full three months, 90 days. Meaning another $480 was deducted that was no suppose to be. We had to pay for the place for another 10 days after our contract was done. On top of that, they never told us this so we flew home when we had a gorgeous cottage with ocean veiws rented for another 10 days. It just made me sick. After weeks and weeks and weeks of being ignored and lied to and no response to emails or calls. I called in and said I was another traveler that i knew worked for the company, well IMMEDIATELY my recruiter answered the call. To their suprise IT WAS ME. They admitted to being wrong on the charges and said they would make it up to me on the next assignment. But, why in the world would I travel with them again!!! NEVER AGAIN. They are a joke and there pay sucks. :firedup:

Just wondering if anyone out there has had a GOOD experience with Trustaff? I'm currently talking to them about a position but am skeptical after reading some of the posts. Any good opinions about other companies? Cross Country, The Right Solutions? Thanks

I have worked for Medical Express, S & J Healthcare Staffing, and Trustaff. All of them were typical pay, about $ 1000-1100 per week take home, after housing, etc. I decided to search for better pay and found it. ON ASSIGNMENT!! I have a wonderful recruiter named Angela Rotuno call her at 1-888-245-8185. She has been great and the pay is more like $ 1500- per week take home. They have this thing called rapid response contracts, they pay more money. Plus, she is great at recruiting new contracts also, if you have a specific hospital you want to work at. Give her a try. Let her know Lindsey refered you. You will be happy! :houra:

Ya,
    I just freturned from a partial travel assignment with Trustaff, and got screwed out of my last paycheck! They don't return phone calls if they owe you money. I say partial assignment because I left it was soooo bad. I know at least half a dozen travel nurses that came down to the VI for the summer and quit within the first few weeks.

My advice for anyone even thinking of going to the Virgin Islands is "Don't!!!!" and definately DON'T work in ICU!!!!! Why?
    1) You're not gonna make any money in the VI. The average hourly pay is $24hr. Trustaff said they would get me over $1000 per week take home. Most of the travel nurses made $900-800 wk for 40 hrs. Plus, food is hella expensive!!! Worse than hawaii. Oh yeah, they don't provide car rental reimbursement either. Plan on an extra $550 min to $700 per month to rent a crummy "island" car.
    2) Scheduling sux in ICU. As long as Miss P. and Miss G. are still running the ICU nothing will ever change. You will work 40hr/wk. Days/Nights/Whatever they tell you to, which leaves no time to enjoy paradise.
    3) You will get floated to wherever they need you. Qualified or not. A nurse is a nurse.
    4) Locals including hospital permanant staff are rude. It is not the happy friendly island that recruiters and travel agents paint it to be. Violent crime is very high - Gang shootings, Machete fights. I met a travel nurse who's husband was stabbed in a bar. I'm just happy to have gotten off the island alive.

The Plus Side:

The hospital itself isn't too bad. It's surprising what they do have like flat screen tv's in the icu rooms, but you can't find a tournaqet to save a life. FYI - there is no hot water. Someone told me they turn it on only when JAICO is there.

It is paradise. St. Thomas beaches are some of the most beautiful in the world. The island itself is kinda trashy though. My advice is go there for vacation. In a 7-10 day trip you can see and do everything there is to do there. Oh, and stay on St. John or go to the BVI. All the cruise ships doc in St. Thomas which makes it very busy and crowded most of the time.

Stay on the Main-land for work. If you want the beach, work in Cali, Texas, or Florida.

Hope this helps someone!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast