Thread: Hello. (=

Smile Hello. (=

Hi, everyone. My name is Cynthia (or Cindy for short). I'm sixteen years old, a junior in high school, and I want to become an ER trauma nurse. I was looking up some more information on nursing and came across this site. All of the members seemed really friendly, so I decided to join. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. God bless you all.

Re: Hello. (=

Cindy, I'm impressed @16 yo you've decided to be an ER RN. Does your high school have a health professions group for students interested in healthcare? Also, have you taken classes like A&P and Medical Terminology in high school, if available?

Anyway, welcome to the site.

Smile Re: Hello. (=

:60: Welcome to the site Cindy. Start doing well in your math and science classes now. You will need to do well in these areas in college to get into nursing school.

Hello,
    Sorry that it has taken me so long to reply; my computer has broken, and I have to go to the library for everything. I am taking every AP class possible, and I'm going as far as I can in both math and science. We do have a few classes that are directed to those looking to go into the medical field, such as EMS (Emergency Medical Services) and Medical Therapeutics, both of which I'm scheduled to take next year. I'm also taking a class called Success Skills Through Service Learning (or Service Learning, for short). Basically, students get experience for the field that they want to go into. For instance, a student who wants to be a journalist may be sent to a newspaper company. I'll be at a hospital. I think that it's a really great program, but there are restrictions. I'm currently applying for a volunteer position at the local hospital, and I'm really excited about it. I've never volunteered before, sadly, but I've always wanted to. Well, I hope all of you are doing well and thanks for the welcomes. God bless you all.

Your parents must be proud & fortunate to have such a motivated daughter.

Thank you. I'd like to think so, but they often get upset with me for working "too hard", but I doubt that there's such a thing. Lol. My father's not the most supportive, but I won't complain. I know there are others that have it worse. My mother is supportive most of the time. =)

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Welcome to the site!

Glad to know your taking any and all classes that can help you on your path. I understand the 'computer on the fritz' bit; stop by whenever you can, and we'll try to help you any way we can.

'Cat'