Thread: hopefulRN

Unhappy hopefulRN

I am an RN in ISNAP (IN assistance program for nurses). Though in recovery for several years I am unemployed. Last summer after being unemployed and not able to provide for self and three dependents I shoplifted food and medicine-served 5 days and if I thought job huntjjing were difficult then guess where I am now. Of course this is just another symptom if addiction, by thinking I could do something one time because I deserved a break--and then I would never do it again. Just a new twist on the same game. So I am on probation until 11-2010 and I probably will lose my family(2 kids) to my ex-husband (we have been back together about five years). I need help finding someone to give me a chance but beginning to feel like I don't deserve it. I know that I am not alone--but I feel like the lowest person and all I feel like doing is crying. I am blurry and scared.

Re: hopefulRN

Quote Originally Posted by terrieinman View Post
    I am an RN in ISNAP (IN assistance program for nurses). Though in recovery for several years I am unemployed. Last summer after being unemployed and not able to provide for self and three dependents I shoplifted food and medicine-served 5 days and if I thought job huntjjing were difficult then guess where I am now. Of course this is just another symptom if addiction, by thinking I could do something one time because I deserved a break--and then I would never do it again. Just a new twist on the same game. So I am on probation until 11-2010 and I probably will lose my family(2 kids) to my ex-husband (we have been back together about five years). I need help finding someone to give me a chance but beginning to feel like I don't deserve it. I know that I am not alone--but I feel like the lowest person and all I feel like doing is crying. I am blurry and scared.
    Welcome to the site. Hope you don't mind my moving your thread to Nurses in Recovery. Just thought you could use the support. My wish; best of luck & new fortune coming to you soon.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Re: hopefulRN

God can and does do whatever it takes when we turn our will and our lives over to him. He has a plan for you. Ask him to help you every morning and thank him every night. Pray for his will and his direction. Good things will come to you. I know this to be true.