Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wednesday march 10, 2010

wednesday march 10, 2010

good morning!

I did not work last nite. I went and listen to a friend sing at a local bar.. Good drinks! Good food.. Good Folks!

mental health days are great! I almost want to call off tonite.. hee hee!

So what's on the agenda today?

Cat you are working 3rd shift with me! get plenty of sleep b/c the loo loos work on 3rd shift.

Daylight savings time end on 14th of March..
    Working on being a happier me!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: wednesday march 10, 2010

Thanks for starting the thread, Smiles! As I figured, I slept pretty light, and had some realy weird dreams, as usual.

Don't remind me about the time change. It's gonna throw me outta whack for sure.

As for 3rd Shift, I've done it before, and this should be fun. Just wondering how many people are gonna be up most of the night, etc. Thankfully, I live close by, too. Not sure when all I'll be starting, as it depends on what the Ortho says today. *Sigh*

Just remember: your work is gonna help with school bills.

I'll be back later, but not sure when. Mom wants to go with me to the Dr. appt., and am sure she wants to go grocery shopping afterward. Even though I can now drive, etc., this gives her an excuse to get out of the house. It sure beats her getting after Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post

Thanks for starting the thread, Smiles! As I figured, I slept pretty light, and had some realy weird dreams, as usual.

Don't remind me about the time change. It's gonna throw me outta whack for sure.

As for 3rd Shift, I've done it before, and this should be fun. Just wondering how many people are gonna be up most of the night, etc. Thankfully, I live close by, too. Not sure when all I'll be starting, as it depends on what the Ortho says today. *Sigh*

Just remember: your work is gonna help with school bills.

I'll be back later, but not sure when. Mom wants to go with me to the Dr. appt., and am sure she wants to go grocery shopping afterward. Even though I can now drive, etc., this gives her an excuse to get out of the house. It sure beats her getting after Dad.

Mom has to be the 2nd opinion on the release.

Work does pays the bills. But, If i go crazy, umm it's useless.. You just remind me that I need to buy my shoes.. lol My feet needs to be comfortable.. I found some Cherokee Rockers it has noticeable blue strip.. I cant wear those shoes b/c of the stupid blue.. they were so comfortable and cute..

I have told Mom straight out: I pay for licensure every 2 years, as does the MD. When did SHE go through school (and watching ER, etc. doesn't count). :nurse-rofl:

Well, I am home, and go in ONE more time. This time, it's in a month. Yes, I got clearance to work. Yippeee?

Hey Cougar,
    Good news you can work! I hope you get the shift you want...
    Tonight is my last night on this awful assignment.
    Hoping to interview at Panama City Fl-- beaches look great....
    hi smiles, glad you went out and had some FUN

Unhappy Re: wednesday march 10, 2010

Been up since 0330. Woke-up with both eyes matted shut... you guessed it, bilateral viral conjunctivitis, aka PINK EYE!

Arrived at the TMC [same as med clinic] this morning just before 0530, when the place opens. They triaged me right away cause I could barely open my eyes. BTW, hurts to swallow since last Sunday. Anyway, the Doc became more interested in my BP 166/102, which usually runs 140's/80-90's but never prescribed any anti-hypertensives. She prescribed Felodipine [aka Plendil] and scheduled a F/U in 3 weeks. Anyway, also did throat swab culture, vision acuity test, then walked to the opthamology clinic [same bldg] where I had a complete eye exam.

Almost forgot, also received script for Claritn EQ, and Mucinex-D. I went to work once done at the TMC. I've got some projects due the end of this month. However, after a couple of hours decided with the burning sensation of my eyes it was best to go home, so here I am at home.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Quote Originally Posted by Kdog View Post
    Hey Cougar,
    Good news you can work! I hope you get the shift you want...
    Tonight is my last night on this awful assignment.
    Hoping to interview at Panama City Fl-- beaches look great....
    hi smiles, glad you went out and had some FUN
    Dag! panana city.. We have alot of travel assignment in the BAy!

I hope your interview goes well..

Yes, I needed to go out!

Solider sorry to read about your pink eye.. allergies are horrible .. Especially when the green stuff comes down eww!

Hmmmmm: Projects due at end of month, shoulder is 3rd post-op, stress from eyes being glued shut (dang near), plus increased BP. I would say that is all tied together. The weather down there is pretty crappy, anyhow, with snow, rain, etc. Whatever blows in from the Gulf settles in the soil, then *Bam*.

K-dog, I went to work to give them my 'all clear sheet'. Will be going in to see 'Da Supervisor' s/p PT tomorrow. I just may be starting back to work tomorrow on Grave Yard. That WAS what I was gonna be working until 'I fall down and go boom'. Boss sounded pretty thrilled I was cleared.

Remember, there is an open 'we all gotta meet up' invitation out to all members. We can always do the PM bit when we are sure to be in anyone's area.

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    Hmmmmm: Projects due at end of month, shoulder is 3rd post-op, stress from eyes being glued shut (dang near), plus increased BP. I would say that is all tied together. The weather down there is pretty crappy, anyhow, with snow, rain, etc. Whatever blows in from the Gulf settles in the soil, then *Bam*.
    Yea, my eyes were glued shut when I woke up this morning... weird experience I must say.

Cat, your right in my neck of the woods [North of SATX] seasonal allergies is now "in season" and I've been hit. The high BP thing; I've been walking the fence for several years now regards to needing an anti-hypertensive med. However, hope this new med does not cause me any water retention.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast