Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rate or Post your Housing

Re: Rate or Post your Housing

I traveled to Seattle, WA and was housed at Summit at Madison Park. Wonderful! New carpet, newly painted, granite countertops, black appliances, washer/drying in apartment, well lit, colorful painted interior halls/doors, fitness room, great rooftop, attentive staff, and very nice deck. Downstairs is Starbucks and the major grocery store Safeway. 5 minutes from the large hospital conglomerate Swedish Medical Center. Would highly recommend it. The pictures online are accurate!
    Jessica in WA.:luck:

Wink Re: Rate or Post your Housing

Travel nurse solutions, put me in the greatest apartments or condos it depends on where I go. I always have all my needs and more. They provide everything or the money to buy. If it is an 8 week contract I have stayed at the Candlewood extended stay which is great no noise even if I sleep during the day. I've never been told that the rent hasn't been paid and I always get paid too on time. I've been traveling for 4 years and I don't see stopping anytime soon. Good Luck. Check out Ginger at TNS, tell her Terri sent you, she talks to me about 4 times a week. She has never disappointed me as a recruiter.

Hi Clem,
    Could you tell me which part of town Montery Oaks Apts are located in?
    Shelly

Lightbulb Re: Rate or Post your Housing

Hi there. I am not a travel nurse. Although I have been working 90 miles away from home and staying at one of the other nurses homes while doing my shifts 3 nights a week then driving home. It has been a great experience.

The reason though I am writing is because I am trying to find out how I can make my vacation home (In South Lake Tahoe, Ca.) marketable for travel nursing assignments. Our vacation home is a 2 story 3 bdrm, fully furnished 1956 house that has many upgrades, beautifully decorated in Black bear decor-very warm and inviting, and only 2 blocks from the lake with beach/boat access and ski places 10 min. up the street (Barton Memorial is 5 min. up the street).

Do I contact EACH registry/travel company?????:confused:
    Is there a main place to advertise to these travel companies???:rolleyes:
    Should I call the local hospital?:cool:

My husband and I have worked really hard to keep this place up and am looking for a better way without turning it into a regular rental (my husband and I would like to move into it in the years to come. I know a lot of travel nurses and I would rent to them in an instant. They are dedicated hard workers and very caring individuals.

If anyone has any suggestions, I am open to them. Please e-mail me at Tsatton@bak.rr.com

Mrs. ERNurse from Tehachapi, CA.

Hello all,
    I am in downtown LA working at Kaiser. I live in The Piero. VERY nice place. The one bedroom is roughly 1100 square feet. The in house gym is amazing and the concierge service is a godsend for someone new to the area. (Where to get your haircut or where to go for a massage!!) I love it here so much. If I could afford the rent I would live out here!!! Log onto thepiero.com for all the pictures. There are quite a few travelers that live in the same building.
    joanne

Member Extraordinaire

Ok, so in the last year, here is where I have stayed (all have been nice, have pools, & workout rooms:

Naples, FL: Bermuda Island- Nice place, centrally located, newly remodeled, but kind of noisy.
    website: Find Naples apartments and homes for rent in the FORT MYERS area at Bermuda Island.

Salisbury, NC: Salibury Village- Brand new complex, very nice, although the city of Salisbury is kind of boring... Website: For apartments in North Carolina or apartments in Salisbury, Salisbury Village is your new home!

Cedar Rapids, IA: Windsor on the River- Older complex, nice wooded area, parking can be a problem. Website: Windsor on the River in IOWA - Apartments for rent | ApartmentFinder.com

San Diego, CA: Missions at Rio Vista- Nice complex- they're actually condos, not apartments. Newly remodeled, nice neighborhood. Website: The Missions at Rio Vista - San Diego, California

Arrow Re: Rate or Post your Housing

I am getting ready to start an assignment in Baltimore. The nurse manager made it clear to me that the hospital was not in a safe neighborhood. I in return made it very clear to my company that I wanted SAFE housing, even if it was a few extra minutes driving time. Anyone had assignments in Baltimore? and if so where did you stay? how did you like it? did you feel safe?

Smile Re: Rate or Post your Housing

Hi Charles,
    Please post the following:

Newly remodeled 1 BD/BA
    Great location, near Goddard park in desirable potowomut, quiet neighborhood, off street parking (Garage available for additional fee)
    Available Furnished or unfurnished
    Hardwood floors. Fully equipped Open Kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, new flat top stove / Living area, large bedroom. Includes Washer Dryer.
    $900.00 includes all utilities except cable. 500.00 security & 1st and last months rent.
    Will not stay on the market long! Available Dec 1st (or a little sooner if needed) Credit/Criminal check required. No smoking/No Pets. Owner Occupied Please email for Pictures! nninety@cox.net
    20 Minutes to MOST Rhode Island Hospitals. 8 minutes to highway.

You can always post your rental homes on Homes for Healthcare Travelers - A type of "rent.com" for travelers

There are 2 places in Goldsboro, North Carolina that are very nice for Travel Nurse Housing. They are http://www.plumtreegardens.com/
    which is also a Bed & Breakfast. They do not allow pets.

The other is operated by a businessman who runs www.Renta-Spouse.com (Home Improvements) he has both, apartments AND Rooms.
    The websites are http://www.renta-spouse.com/apartments.htm & http://www.renta-spouse.com/roommates.htm .They allow 'well trained pets'.

Both are in Historic Houses in Beautiful Downtown Goldsboro, NC
    "Top Ten City" ...Money Magazine 1993. Both have Travel Nurses at this time working at Cherry Hospital.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast