Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worst Job Ive Ever Had!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: Worst Job Ive Ever Had!

Quote Originally Posted by czecher1 View Post
    After reading worst job i felt compelled to share my story very briefly. I worked at a small county hospital in kenedy texas which was way beyond dysfunctional. In short the last straw that got me fired was a patient family complaint that i "knocked on the door too loud, talked too loud, turned on the light to give medication". I worked nites!!!! And in texas employers are legally allowed to treat employees as so much replaceable trash!!! have a nice day!

Knocking on the door too loud? WTF? You gotta be kidding! If you DIDN'T knowck on the door, would they have bellyached then, too?

What does knocking too loud or talking too loud have to do with NURSING CARE? I too was reported by a young PUNK because I knocked on the pt.s door and woke the pt.( day shift) She had IV meds due AND the PUNK BOYFRIEND said, she needs her sleep and reported me.
    But nothing came of it. THe nurse manager just mentioned it and rolled her eyes.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Sometimes, you just gotta wonder. *Sigh*

Ricu

After reading worst job i felt compelled to share my story very briefly. I worked at a small county hospital in kenedy texas which was way beyond dysfunctional. In short the last straw that got me fired was a patient family complaint that i "knocked on the door too loud, talked too loud, turned on the light to give medication". I worked nites!!!! And in texas employers are legally allowed to treat employees as so much replaceable trash!!! have a nice day!
    Hey Czecher,

Wow! Brief and to the point. So, what are you doing now?

Absolutely nothing! Thinking of another career or my own business even if it's selling hot dogs on the beach!!! At age 57 no less! It's difficult fighting depression without medical insurance! I'M NOT AN INCOMPETENT NURSE JUST STAYED AT DYSFUNCTIONAL HOSPITAL 3 YRS TOO LONGG!!!!

Ricu

Absolutely nothing! Thinking of another career or my own business even if it's selling hot dogs on the beach!!! At age 57 no less! It's difficult fighting depression without medical insurance! I'M NOT AN INCOMPETENT NURSE JUST STAYED AT DYSFUNCTIONAL HOSPITAL 3 YRS TOO LONGG!!!!
    It appears that you've quit the nursing profession because of a lousy job, not because you were dissatisfied with the work. Why? Sell hot dogs on the beach if you need a break but don't give up on something that you worked hard for and really want.

Good luck,

R

I feel your pain! I have also decided to leave the profession and become a Vet Tech. I love animals and thats what I was going to do in the first place. I do have a crappy job but it's the same old thing everywhere you go and I cant do it anymore!!! In TN they dont pay you crap anyway so I figured if Im going to get paid a crappy wage why not do something that I love right? Being a nurse had its perks but Im through doing a thankless jog day in and day out. I commend all of those who are staying in it but its just not for me anymore. After 9 yrs I am burned out and have lost every bit of passion to be a nurse

Hey MSRN,
    Sorry about that awful hospital job. Too bad you did not have a chance to work at a well organized facility. Anyway, good luck, I'm sure you will be happier.

Thank you! I know I will be happier

Way to GO msrn ^5 - I am supportive and understanding. Keep us updated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast