Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst Job Ive Ever Had!

Hello everybody! I dont know if I am posting this correctly! I am tech starved!!! I am the RN in Kenedy Tx who was fired over knocking on door too loud, etc, etc.( at the local county hospital ). I am still not working and have slipped into further despair and depression. Last week I had a job lined up in home health in San Antonio and it was rescinded when I called back to check with the newly hired DON if the owners would agree on health insurance coverage waiving the customary probationary period.
    The excuse was that I'd been out of home health for too long---3 years. now isn't that a crock. Whatever happened to professional treatment of nurses, integrity and character of health care companies?
    I am so disgusted I will name the culprit agency here. It is doing business as Texas Healthcare Solutions. The sign on the door was San Antonio Home Health Care so apparently they were purchased at some point by THS, though no one seemed to know anything about it. They are associated or are owned by a company in East Texas by this name: Texas Medical Enterprises, Inc.
    Anybody have any ideas or valid suggestions?

Ricu
    Hey Czech,

I'm really sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like the county hospital job is one you're better off without, if only you had a replacement. Not sure what to make of the homecare job either but that sounds problematic, too. The best thing you can do is pepper all potential workplaces with resumes and to keep busy for the sake of your morale. Follow up resumes with phone calls and notes. If there are openings, go in person and hand deliver the resume to the hiring manager- get in that door. Now's a good time to think about traveling if you're in a position to do that. Keep us posted.

Good luck.

R

Unhappy

Being out of home health for three years is not a valid reason to not hire you when some agencies will hire a new grad or someone with less than a year experience to work in home health. They found out something that they thought was unsavory and don't have the backbone to tell you that is the reason they don't want you. Hang in there. You can not be blacklisted forever. At some point someone will hire you. You just have to figure out how to survive in the meantime.

Oh, I can tell you a few stories about rotten places. Things that would really not surprise people. Management going from ridiculous to absolute 'something else'....

Amen! I have a tell or three myself.

Moreover, Managing is not the problem..It is the people in positions. There are still ways to handle problems and manage people without being ridiculous. Some, actually, are around.

Quote Originally Posted by suebird3 View Post
    Oh, I can tell you a few stories about rotten places. Things that would really not surprise people. Management going from ridiculous to absolute 'something else'....
    ER-RN

It is alright to get tired, but, never give up."

Proud Grancama!

Well here's a crazy update for this old RN fired for knocking on the patient's door too loud at Otto Kaiser Mem Hospital in Kenedy Tx. I went to work for Legacy Home Health in Corpus Christi in early August. I felt from the start it was dysfuntional. And man was I right. I was hired as P/T and promised I would be F/T, then told I was F/T only to be told otherwise the next day or two. Then made F/T early Sept. So I find there is no clinical coordinator for the field nurses and RN case mgrs. And an absolutely screwed up orientation/training system; barely could call it training. Too many interruptions and texting/calls to trainer who has a high position and should not in any capacity have this assignment. They use Allscripps in their system and it is totally cumbersome and in some areas I'd say incompetent. It is not nurse friendly!!!
    So among all the crazy crap I had shoved at me (as well as the other nurses) I had no choice but to quit after 4 weeks there. The RNs are working 12-14 hour days! The DON spoke to me in a condescending way multiple times and in prescence of my colleages. DON also wanted me to discard a client's PT/INR sample and see the last two people on my schedule. It turned out with my resignation. I did not see the other 2 due to inclement weather and I delivered blood to lab. The pt result: 7.1!!! I believe correctly so that one does not discard a blood sample such as a PT/INR and then send another nurse out to stick the patient again the next day. Competant staff do not perform any more invasive procedures than necessary on a patient.
    Now, I have a huge question! What in the hell has happened to our American companies? Have the owners/CEOs/management lost their cottonpickin' minds!!!??

Ricu
    I've never worked homecare, but have heard that it is not for the faint of heart and now, yet another testimony. Czech, I think companies will get away with whatever they can, especially if it saves a buck. Sad. You can feel good about advocating for your patient with an INR of >7 because maybe he wouldn't have been around for a draw the next day. So, cross this job off your list, what are you doing now?

R

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Czecher, one HHC I know of has a handy device that their staff uses for HH PT's. Too bad these morons never heard of it.

I don't blame you for leaving. How are you doing now?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123