Thread: G'day!

G\'day!

Hi!

I'm new here - I have just finished my last yr of school - I am from Australia. Anyway, I didn't do as well as I hoped for to get into nursing at University in metro Victoria - so I have 2 options now.

1) Go the long way and start off by doing the Cert. IV in health (nursing) which goes for one yr. (will need to enrol for Jul 2004) then once I have completed the cert. IV I can enroll into University: or

2) Apply at an interstate University (which I have already done) though QTAC - that is the states tertiary admissions centre (Queensland) - all states in Australia have their own tertiary admissions centre. I went down this road as my final result (ENTER score - Equivalent National Tertiary Entrance Rank) is equivalent to the University of Southern QLD OP (overall position). I also applied to James Cook Uni which is in Mt Isa - way out in the middle of nowhere - literally . All confusing hey?

Kind of nervous about it all but my Mum is willing to support me through whatever transpires. We have considered all factors (re: interstate University) accommodation, transportation and casual employment if I am not accepted into one ofthe Victorian Universities. Most likely I will apply for a trasfer after the first yr if I need to pack up and head north.

Hope to stick around more often.

Cheers!

Re: G\'day!

I dont have a clue what to tell ya

Glad to have you and good luck!!

Hey Gatorade, glad you found us & do stick around & tell us how your plans are coming.. or feel free to pick our brains about the career field etc! Hope the plans for the interstate University go well & send me some Vegimite will you?? Or a Koala Bear! Enjoying your summer there so far?