Thread: need advice for married RN's in traveling

need advice for married RN's in traveling

Hey guys,
    my wife and I are thinking about traveling. She is an ICU nurse and I am a PACU nurse. Right now we are looking into two agencies RNNetworks and TRUstaf.. Which is better if any have experience with them.. Also what is the best way for us to get living expences taken care of and coming out with the most buck in our pockets.. thank you in advance.

Re: need advice for married RN's in traveling

I did a few assignments w RN Network and they were good. benefits were good too. The best way for you 2 to make $ is each of you take the housing stipend. Stipends vary depending on high cost of living areas vs. low cost of living areas. For example, my travel stipend now is 1350 per month for myself. Well, the company would give each of you 1350 each becauseyou should be considered separate entities. But you can get much more , again it depends on the area.
    Then with the combined monies you find your own lodging and pocket the rest. AND don't let them tell you only stipend per couple.. it is for each person and EACH assignment. I would also check Rn Network on line job assignments to see if the same hospital has 2 positions. with your backgrounds that is a great chance. Also, check out other companies on the review section here just to cover and talk with them just to cover all basess. BUT, I think you will like Rn Network, Private message me for my recruiter if you don't already have one .

I am currently with RN network. I liked the company but my recruiter really was rude and screwed me over. Don't travel with her! Her name's Michelle. I also know 2 other travel nurses who quit traveling with her bc they had problems that she wouldn't take care of as well.

i agree with jnthombles, but switched recruiters....
    A huge part of traveling is to really feel comfortable with your recruiter.They can make or break your assignment and relationship w the company.

what about furnitures? what do you guys do?

I cant believe it makes a big difference on who your recruiter is.. Kdog Im sending you a pm

Steve
    If you take company housing AND NOT THE STIPEND, then you usually get a 1 bedroom furnished apt. BUT alot of companies let you know that you have to furnish your own tv, cable , kitchen ware and sheets towels etc.
    Now Medical Solutions, furnishes it 100%, you get everything.
    BUT, you 2 would make more money by taking the stipend and getting your own place, unless, it's someplace super expensive.
    I sent you a PM.
    Search out the companies and ask alot of questions.AND rememeber you can alway switch companies after the assignment if you want. Couples that I met took the stipend.