Thread: Hi

Hi

I'm taking a First Aid CPR class next weekend, a CNA class this summer, and starting the pre-requisites for LPN at a local community college this fall. I'm still trying to decide where to go for CNA training.

I've been a medical transcriptionist for the past 10 years. Lots of places are going to EMR (electronic medical records) so don't need as many MTs now.

Thanks for starting up this board.

Diane

Re: Hi

Hello!

Hi, Diane, and welcome to the site!

I was an LPN for years, then finally got my RN. I loved being an LPN, seriously! I wish you luck in your studies, and hope you stop by and 'de-stress' when possible.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

:nurse-stupid:

Hey, Diane! Welcome to UltimateNurse, the 'Final Word' in nursing forums!

Aaron C. is the one who started this site back about 8 years ago. I am greatful to him, too. He's pretty laid back (as are the rest of us Mods/Admins.) Pretty much anything goes, and we love differences of opinions. Flaming/obvious disrespect isn't tolerated, but.....mainly we've avoided major problems.

I started out as an LPN also, then got my RN.

Here's hoping you stop by often and get involved. I look forward to your posts!

(Sorry, Bird! Couldn't resist it!)

Wink Re: Hi

:60: Welcome to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by diane0228 View Post
    I've been a medical transcriptionist for the past 10 years. Lots of places are going to EMR (electronic medical records) so don't need as many MTs now.
    Hello Diane,

I was a medical secretary going through Nursing School, knowing the medical terminology already made life a lot easier.

If you have the opportunity, work as a nursing assistant for three months to get a feel for it. You'll find out very quickly if it is something you'll like doing.

You can find more resources here: http://www.nursefriendly.com/cna/

Do keep an eye on waiting lists, they're getting longer all the time to get into programs.

Also consider going for your RN as soon as possible after you get your LPN. It opens doors and career opportunities that make it well worth the time you spend in school.

Best wishes,

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursefriendly.com