Thread: tough licensing question

tough licensing question

Hi. This is a tough question, but someone has to be able to help, or has had a similar experience. Here goes:
    I am in school working to be a math teacher. I want to change and enter our nursing program to become an RN. I have a felony conviction for obstruction of justice. The Md. licensing board said that it would not necessarily stop me from being licensed, but they can't say until I appear before them. The lady was very nice, acknowledging that it will be tough to take the classes without knowing if I will get licensed, but that she could say no more right now. Has anyone known of a similar case, or how they would treat this. I have never had any other issues in my life, but this conviction is here. I'd appreciate any informed info, I know this is an unusual question. Thanks!

Re: tough licensing question

Quote Originally Posted by cbritt65
    Hi. This is a tough question, but someone has to be able to help, or has had a similar experience. Here goes:
    I am in school working to be a math teacher. I want to change and enter our nursing program to become an RN. I have a felony conviction for obstruction of justice. The Md. licensing board said that it would not necessarily stop me from being licensed, but they can't say until I appear before them. The lady was very nice, acknowledging that it will be tough to take the classes without knowing if I will get licensed, but that she could say no more right now. Has anyone known of a similar case, or how they would treat this. I have never had any other issues in my life, but this conviction is here. I'd appreciate any informed info, I know this is an unusual question. Thanks!
    I think that you should go before the board of nursing and explain the nature of the case for obstruction of justice and i would get some character references that tells them the type of person you are now as oppose to when you recieved the case.. ask your instructors, clergyman, neighbors, maybe the police in your neighborhood, a parole officer or even a prison guard if you served any time..do no forget the most important thing prrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaayyyyy to god the most merciful and most kind to give you direction and help you..... good luck!!!!!!!!
    [CENTER]missnasheah